Chapter 6

I got into his car as gracefully as I could, looking up at where he stood, having opened the door for me. "thank you." I said softly. He smiled and shut the door, coming around to slide into the driver's seat. "Mr. Blackbourne..." I didn't get any farther because he turned to me, and a finger came up to press on my lips, effectively quieting me. My eyes widened at the way his smile bloomed across his face.

"Sang... darling." He murmured, eyes on mine. "You were quite right to remind me today that I am no longer your teacher." He pulled his finger away and leaned fully in to kiss me on the lips. I sighed against his lips, my eyes fluttering to a close as I kissed him back. "So it would only be right if when we are alone together if we are Owen and Sang." He said. "And maybe if it's just you and I with Sean... I would appreciate being called Mr. Blackbourne when we are with the team but I understand if you don't wish to pursue the formality." He said before sitting back in his seat more, his eyes still monitoring my reaction.

"That makes sense." I said quietly. "I appreciate the opportunity to be more personal with you." I chose my words carefully. "I'll let you know about when we're all together but ..." I shrugged slightly and smiled at him. "It's an excellent idea. We'll keep to the formality when its Academy related." I suggested.

He nodded, a slight smile gracing his face. It was more than a millimeter. Not necessarily a full on smile but definitely more than usual. "We'll work with that." He agreed. I eyed him for a moment. "What?" he arched an eyebrow at me.

"Darling?" I questioned, arching my own eyebrow back at him as he chuckled and started the car, backing out of Kota's driveway before he shrugged.

"You don't think I should have my own nickname for you?"

I blinked slightly. "I hadn't thought about it." I said. "I guess I should be thinking more on a personal nickname for you." I tilted my head. "Because clearly we will not want to always break out the Mr. Blackbourne, Miss Sorensen act all the time. That might not be viewed very well all the time. Someone will think we're having a bit of fun in a 50 shades of gray ...." I frowned, trailing off before pressing my lips together tightly, feeling my cheeks burn with a rush of color and I glanced quickly at him.

He looked minorly surprised before he laughed outright. "I guess I can see that." He said, rolling his eyes at me.

I shrugged.

"I mean, I do tend to wear suits and ties most of the time, so far in this relationship." He said, with a slight smirk. "And while they are all in some shade of gray, I'm not sure that I own 50 shades of it...."

I laughed at the comment, instantly relaxing and losing my earlier embarrassment at the comment. "I guess we'll have to ask Meanie for an accounting of all the shades of gray you own." I said lightly. "But I definitely need to give this some more thought if I'm to be your Darling."

He reached for my hand, giving it a slight squeeze as he took it in his. "You're always going to be my Darling." He said, pulling my hand to his lips and kissing the back of it when he was stopped at a stop light. "We all have something to call you." He said softly.

"True. I mean, gee, it's not like Sang is a hard name to remember or say quickly." I smiled. "Way better than Sangrida." I frowned. "I really don't like my name but what can I do..." I mumbled, looking out the window, my fingers growing cold in his grasp.

"Darling?"

"Yes, my love?" I answered him absently before blinking and looking over at him. There was such a content look on his face that I couldn't help but smile as he looked at me. "Well, I guess that wasn't as hard as I thought it would be."