Chapter 48

"Great news, Pookie." Sean smiled at me as he stopped by with Owen to bring over his bags and a well stocked first aid kit to be packed into the vans.

"oh?" I smiled at him, tilting my head up for the kiss he dropped on my lips. "What sort of great news?"

He pulled away for a moment before dropping another kiss on my lips. "Meg woke up from her coma. While she was holding Angel this morning AND after her husband arrived."

My eyes widened. "That's amazing Sean." I grinned at him. "Amazing and wonderful. How are they doing?"

"As well as can be expected." He admitted. "But they're doing well and Meg liked the name you gave Angel and they're actually going to keep it for her." I hugged him tight. "Tomorrow, I'll take you to the hospital, she said something about asking you to be godmother."

"Did she really?"

"I don't lie to you, Pookie. She heard you. She knew your name."

"Well then I can't wait to go visit tomorrow." I kept my arm wrapped around his waist as we headed inside, leaving Kota to talk packing logistics with Owen.

I felt him press a kiss to the top of my head and I looked up at him. "What's on your mind?"

He smiled. "Nothing really. I've missed you. My work schedule has been crazy since we were last together even if I did see you every time you visited Meg."

I gave him a squeeze around his waist. "I know, I completely understand. Fortunately, we are about to embark on a fantastic vacation and we'll have a lot of time together."

"Whenever we are away from Erica." Sean said.

I frowned. "Oh... right. Because she still thinks, because we've let her, that I'm still with Kota?"

He shrugged. "We'll figure it out. I think Owen and I have already figured out a bit of it. You won't ride with them so you'll be able to be yourself in the van. And then there are plenty of activities planned that will involve a lot of shuffling around and riding rides with other people all the time. It'll be fine."

"Of course it will." I nodded.

"So come along now, I've heard we're having a bit of a marvel movie marathon starting tonight." Sean said, his arm still around my shoulders.

"Sounds fun." I said. "What's for dinner?"

He grinned down at me. "I heard there's going to be pizza." I smiled and stretched up to kiss his cheek.

"I'd better go make sure we have everything we need then to go with it. I'll be in soon... maybe I can sit with you and Owen tonight while we watch movies."

Sean beeped me on the nose and nodded. "I'm going to hold you to that."

"I promise." I said before shooing him off to the living room while I went to set out paper plates and locate everyone's favorite drink so that we were ready for pizza and movies.

It didn't take long for everyone to settle with plates and drinks as Kota started the movie marathon with the first Iron Man movie. I was settled happily in a spot on the loveseat between Owen and Sean and the rest of them were sprawled out on the couch or the floor, wherever they'd felt the most comfortable.

"Have you seen the movies before?" Owen asked, glancing at me.

I shook my head. "No, but they've managed to somewhat catch me up to date. But the only thing I'm not clear on is that we're skipping the Hulk movie but I'm not sure why." I took a bite of my pizza.