Chapter 58

I settled into my seat, next to Silas and looked around happily. "So, this is live baseball."

He chuckled and reached over to tug the end of my ponytail. "It is. I'm happy that we picked this as a date." He said. "Victor got us some amazing seats."

"He did go all out, it seems." I said, shifting back into my seat and taking a sip of my lemonade. He'd gotten seats for us on the third base line, right where we could see everything. How could we not? He'd gotten us into the third row. "Where are they sitting?" I asked.

Silas pointed to a spot across the field. "Over there."

I peered over there, cupping my hands around my eyes to narrow my focus. "Oh, yeah. The big grumpy one in black is right in the middle." I laughed softly. "Poor North."

"Yeah, poor North." Silas shook his head. "He's probably already freaking out about the fact that Luke was planning on eating a ton of cotton candy today."

"I'm sure he'll stop after one package." I said. "He's going to share with Jessica anyway and Erica's going to keep him in line by brandishing a toothbrush in his face as a reminder that they're brushing their teeth later."

Silas laughed. "That should work." He said. "Then again, it's North and the fact that you already picked up deep fried Oreos is not going to help."

"Does he know?" I arched an eyebrow at him.

He pulled a sheepish look and smiled before waggling his phone at me. "Yeah. But no more pictures from me. I just had to poke him."

I shook my head at him. "Yes, please. No more poking at the grumpy bear." I leaned over and kissed him gently. "This is going to be epic."

He smiled. "Agreed." He said. He settled in his seat, one arm around my shoulders as he picked at the garlic fries he'd ordered and I nibbled on my fried Oreos. I shared, of course. So, did he because he reminded me that garlic fries were horrible as far as kissing went unless I also ate some.

I was enthralled with the game.

I barely remembered to eat while I was watching because it was so much fun. Silas kept putting things in my hand though and I'd eat them, part of a hot dog and a bit of pizza... an ice cream bar and more lemonade. I barely blinked or looked away from the game until his laughter broke my concentration. "What?" I looked at him.

"You're adorable, Aggele Mou." He said, leaning over to kiss the tip of my nose and adjust the brim of the hat I was wearing. "And I don't mind that you're paying so much attention to the baseball game."

My eyes widened. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry that I've been ignoring you." My hands flew to my cheeks. "Silas, oh, I'm such a horrible girlfriend."

"No, you're not." He shook his head. "Being so into baseball that you forget I'm here is an awesome trait for a girlfriend to have."

"Serious?" I asked.

He nodded solemnly. "We all want you to be free to like what you like, and we want to know so that we may have a chance to like the same things. Like your golf lessons this summer with Owen. I don't know if he's told you how much he's appreciated the fact that you wanted to learn. And you enjoy it which means that he's got something that he can do with you without all of us barging in on your round of golf because there are only a few of us that like it."

"I hadn't thought about that. Maybe that's our next discussion as a family. What have you guys not cued me in on what you like or what I like that I haven't let you know yet."

He smiled. "You mean like Victor's secret obsession with food network show down shows?"

I tilted my head. "Really?" He nodded again. "What are some others?"