Chapter 9

~A~

"What are you doing?" Gabriel chopped Luke on the top of his head. "Trouble said no sending Doc a picture until after her date.

"They're at the movies and I'm certainly not going to include them in the text." Luke shrugged and moved out of the way of another head chop as he quickly texted the picture he'd snapped of Sang to all of them.

"What else did Sang Baby say?" North looked up from where he was making a salad to go with the pizza they'd ordered.

Gabriel looked at him and then Kota in turn. "Not much." He shrugged. "only the picture thing and to not let the two of you look at camera feeds. " he pointed at him and Kota before rolling his eyes at the way Kota looked startled at the accusation and North grumbled under his breath with a dark glare on his face.

"Princess knows us far too well and well, it's Mr. B." Victor pointed out as Silas nodded. "He's not going to hurt her or treat her badly."

"And he has gotten considerably less time one on one with her than we have." Nathan said. There was a murmur of agreement throughout the room.

Gabriel nodded. "So maybe we cut him some slack and not give him a hard time if he wants to snap up extra spots with her. He's going to be very good about getting her to the next person on time." He commented as their phones all pinged with Luke's picture message. "Damn though, if Trouble didn't look good." He said.

Doc: Well, Pookie did look very lovely. As always. But why am I getting this now?

Luke: She told Gabriel not to send it til after but I figured that didn't apply to me. She was totally hot for teacher..."

A collective flurry of text 'groans' and 'face palms' ensued as the guys that were all together pulled faces and North slapped Luke in the back of the head again.

Doc: LOL, that's a good one Luke. Mr. B appointed me to be in his stead so please behave and make sure to contact me if there's anything you need.

Kota: Thanks Doc. If you finish early, you can always swing by. Mom took Jessica for an end of school weekend at the Beach.

Doc: I'll let you know if you can expect me. Thanks.

~~

I was stunned and appreciative of my surroundings once we'd walked into the movie house. It was amazing.

Owen had let go of me to show the electronic tickets he'd booked earlier today on his phone and I walked with him up to the concession stand but as we waited in line, I couldn't help but stare all around, trying to take in every detail. I looked up and my head swung around at the sound of my name and I blushed softly, seeing the look on his face.

He was amused.

I wouldn't say he was outright laughing at me but he was definitely amused by something. "What?" I asked, blinking slightly.

"Did you want anything now?" He nodded his head towards the concession stand.

"Oh, no, thank you." I was quick to answer. "Maybe just a bottle of water...?" I suggested. "Dinner was rather satisfying." I said.

He smiled and nodded before ordering two bottles of water before he slid his arm around me again and escorted me through the narrow hallway to our theater to find seats.