Please Let Me Keep Them!

"Are we in trouble?" Kaname questions me.

"I hope not." I tell him as the three of us sit on my huge bed, and wait for my dad to calm down after seeing Kaname and Zero. I'm sure my mom told him about them when he got home from work, but he didn't believe her. She was insistent though and woke me up early in the day to confront this. I guess there's no school today for me or my sister.

"So did you guys sleep comfortably?" I question them to get our minds off of my parents and whatever they've been discussing for the last hour. The most I know that it'll be about Kaname and Zero, but I have no idea what they would even talk about. I bet it's the same thing as the students in my class when Kaname spoke up to defend me from that girl.

"Yes, I slept quite well." Kaname tells me. His swaying tail proves he is being honest. He's really kind to me which helps ease me.

"Great!" I say petting his hair. "How about you, Zero?" I question looking back at him. 

"Fine." He mumbles like he can't be bothered to talk to me right now. Guess he's still sleepy.

"You didn't like it?" I question him again since he's being really pissy when I'm just trying to help him. I don't see why he. . .okay, so I'm an unlikable person. I suppose so many questions early on in the day would annoy most people.

"I said it was fine." He repeats more audibly, but refuses to look at me.

"If you want a bed away from me I can set that up for you." I tell him, and I notice his ears droop. "Zero?" I question him. "How can I make you comfortable here if you won't talk to me?" I tell him, and I have to admit that it does make me a little sad that he doesn't like me. Though, it's not like I'm not used to it.

"Alondra." I look over at my mom as she and my dad come in. I tense up, and grab each of their small hands for comfort. I'm surprised Zero didn't pull away. "Okay, Alondra. We've calmed down, and we want you to explain where you got them, and why do you have them?" I look between the two.

"Um. Well, I found them in a small box when I was walking to school. I tripped over the box, and I opened it to find Kaname and Zero in them. I wasn't going to abandon them and have some other weirdo pick them up and do who knows what with them!" I explain to them.

"You already named them?" My mom questions me.

"Yeah. I couldn't just call them 'hey' or 'you'. They're still people, so I gave them a name." I tell her as my parents exchange a glance.

"You've already become attached to them, haven't you?" My dad questions me worriedly. I blush, and look down.

"Yeah. If you send them away I'll cry, and you guys know I don't do that." I tell them not meeting their eyes. There is only silence as my parents most likely ponder over what they should do. They probably were just going to ask me to throw them out or something, they didn't think I would fight for them.

"Please let me keep them! I promise I'll take care of them! I'll even get a job to care for them!" I tell them hoping that they'll accept.

"I'm sorry. You can't keep them. If you don't know where they're from, and why they were abandoned. This could come back as something dangerous if they belonged to someone else." My dad says in a voice that says he won't accept objections. I know he's right in my head, but my brain never speaks up as fast as my heart does. Metaphorically speaking of course.

"That's not fair! Just because they're creatures you've never seen before you hate them! Well I hate you both!" I yell out getting childish, and pushing past them to run out. I run away from the house to the park nearby. This is also a bit of the consequences of spoiling me from a young age.