The Haunting Nightmares

"Alright, sit her down here." The nurse tells the two boys who helped me into the office. They sit me on the swivel chair, and the nurse checks up on me. Asking me questions, but the problem is I'm getting sleepy again. I'm scared to fall asleep. I'm afraid to see that nightmare or worse.

"She's exhausted. She hasn't been sleeping well." Kaname tells the nurse for me as I feel my head tilting down. This exhaustion is not normal for me. I'm too tired to explain it to the nurse though.

"Oh dear. Just lie her down for now, so she can sleep." The nurse says. I'm helped up again, and put to the bed.

"N-no. I don't. . .want to. . .sleep. . ." I try to say as I reach my hand out towards Kaname and Zero. I want to stay awake so bad. I don't want to fall into my dreams. I've never denied dreams before, but after that I don't want to dream ever again. Not like that. "No. . .Ze. . .Kan. . ." I can't do it. My body is shutting down.

As I thought. I came back to this destroyed world. Is my mind in shambles? Am I finally seeing how broken up I am inside? I think so. What I don't like is that it has to look like this. Where my loved ones are dead at my feet, and I just watch. Unable to do anything. All because I discovered two neko vampires I never meant to find. It just happened, and these nightmares aren't going to push me away from them.

Blood bubbles up from the graves that I dare not look at. The names there. . .I can just imagine what they say. There's no way out of this cemetery. Where there usually would be a fence separating the cemetery to the main road is just more cemetery, more blood, more destruction, and more death. Who is doing this to me? Why are they doing this to me? If they're trying to break me. . .it won't work! I've always defied people, and this person is no different. I will not let them break me!

"Whoever you are! You won't get to me! I will never submit to you or anybody else!" I yell out as my voice echoes through the whole place. I don't receive an answer.

"We'll come to an understanding." I jump at the voice. I turn all around, but I don't see the woman. Wait. This woman is different. I think. I was so confused before, and I could hardly tell what her voice was.

"Leave me alone!" I yell out to the woman that seems to be all around me. I don't know how, but these people have either invaded my dreams or I'm finally losing my mind. One of those two. I hope it's my second option. At least that way everyone would be okay. But Yagari-sensei did say that purebloods are after me.

Apparently so are the female purebloods. That's a little creepy, but at least I'll be training to stop them from ever coming near my family or me. I hear her laughter, but I stay strong. A hunter never shows weakness in front of a vampire. . .that's what Yagari-sensei taught me. I plan to uphold that.

"You're awake!" I open my eyes to a dimly lit room. I find I'm facing two concerned lilac-gray eyes. The fear I had suddenly disappears and I'm finally at ease.

"Pretty." I near the face, and kiss it. I don't know why. It just looked so cute and kissable. Am I still dreaming? Is that it? I can't remember what real is anymore.

"Lips. Small. Silver hair. Lilac-gray eyes. Zero. . .Zero? ZERO?!" I jump back, and fall off the bed on the other side. Oh crud! I was still half asleep. I'm so stupid! How could I have done that?! Oh gosh! Now I won't be able to face him! He must hate me even more now!

"Are you alright?!" Kaname questions as he rushes towards the other side of the bed.

"Eh? Um, y-yeah. I'm wide awake now." I say with a nervous giggle. Kaname smiles, and kisses my cheek.

"That's good to hear." He whispers to me. I blush at the sound of his voice.

"You looked like you were having a nightmare." Zero says peeking his head over the bed. I blush even brighter, and look away. He doesn't look affected at all. Well, I shouldn't be surprised. Typical though, I suppose.