The Dreaded Questioning

I pace around the hospital waiting room as my parents tend to my sister's every beck and call. I've got the attention of a few doctors and nurses, but I don't want to think about them right now. I'm trying to figure out what to do about the issue named Shizuka Hio, and how I can question Kaname and Zero about Yuki Kuran. How will they react? How will I react? My mind is a mess.

 "Stop pacing. It's annoying." I stop abruptly, and look towards the entrance.

"Y-Yagari-sensei?!" I thought he left a couple minutes ago, so what the heck is he doing back here? I look at the clock.

"Oh, I've been pacing a lot longer than I thought I was." I see that the sun is already rising, and I didn't even notice how tired I was until I returned to my senses.

"What are you worried about this time?" He questions me.

"Zero, told you what happened, right?" I question him. He crosses his arms over his chest, and nods his head.

"I'm worried that Shizuka might attempt attacking my family again, and I may not be around to stop it. Isn't there some way to put them under protection from the Hunters Association?" I question him.

"It's going to be difficult since most don't see eye to eye with vampires especially purebloods." I look down seeing his point. A lot of hunters gave me pretty dirty looks even before I turned into a pureblood. Yet, shouldn't it be fine? I mean they're human after all. The kind they're supposed to protect from vampires.

"I guess I'm on my own then." I say with a sigh. Somehow I don't trust that place very much anyway. They could use my own family against me. I mean, I doubt President Cross would make such an order, but I'm not so sure about other hunters going behind his back. I mean there were spies for the Senate in the building that caused me to become a pureblood in the first place.

"Not exactly." Sensei says to me. I look at him surprised.

"If you're so worried about your family then put them over at my place." He offers me.

"You'd really do that?!" I question hopefully. He clears his throat, and looks away.

"Yeah, yeah, so stop making that sorry face." I pout.

"This is my face!" I yell out at him.

"That depressed look is not your face." I put a hand to my face.

"I look depressed?" I whimper. Yagari-sensei sighs at me.

"I'll be back I'm going to check up on your parents. I'm sure you have something to do, right?" I gulp at how easily Sensei caught on to me. He ruffles my hair before heading off. I fix my hair as I look at his distancing figure.

I sigh, and look towards the exit. The parking lot brightening up with all the vehicles there, and with the rising sun. I run my fingers through my hair as I make my way out of the hospital. I'm sure Sensei can tell my parents that I'm going out for a bit. The automatic door opens, and I make my way out hesitantly. Preparing for what I'm going to say to them.

                                         ~0~

"It's about time!" I jump as Ichiru opens the door for me.

"Wh-what did I do?!" I question him surprised.

"I've had to deal with Kaname and Zero while you were gone. They're just impossible. I don't know how you dealt with it, without losing your mind!" I blink, and nod my head.

"Can't lose something I never had." I say with a shrug. Ichiru pulls me in, and grabs his jacket.

"Huh?! Where are you going?!" I question him. He stops at the door.