Accept Me Or The Enemy Will Kill Me

"Now do you get it? That's how I became a pureblood." I question my parents. Once I'd calmed down, I explained everything (with little detail) about how my change happened. What kinds of things will happen to me and how I will be able to take care of myself without harming anyone. They know almost nothing about vampires, only that they drink blood and kill people. So, it'll take a bit.

They look at me, and touch me like as if they were making sure that what they are seeing is real. I'm a vampire now, and I can't change back. At least that's what I know of so far. If there is a cure to vampiredom, it doesn't exist yet. Maybe then we can discuss me possibly going back to being a human.

I'm not a unique case after all. Apparently purebloods can turn their kids human, but at the cost of their own lives. That is apparently the same thing that happened to Yuki, Kaname's sister. So, I guess I'm hoping for a cure that doesn't require any kind of death. I hope for the best in the future.

"Unbelievable. You were being hunted down by such powerful vampires?" My dad questions me. I nod my head, and my parents exchange a concerned glance. Well, I suppose that doesn't help them see my friends in a better light. It might make them reject them even more. Maybe even me...

"I'm sorry." My mom stands up abruptly, and rushes out of the airport. That was really cold. The rejection of others doesn't affect me as much as that did. I feel like my nightmares as a child are now coming true.

Yes, as a child I had nightmares of one or both of my parents leaving me and I just couldn't catch up to them as I ran after them. Maybe that's why I strived to hide who I really was, so they'd accept me, and never ever leave me. Now I'm something they don't want. They're leaving me. Now I understand why I was afraid to get close to anyone. Because of this. I had subconscious fears of abandonment.

"I'll go talk to her." My dad now walks away, rushing after my mom. I drop to my knees, and drop my hands to the floor. Shaking my head repeatedly.

"Don't leave me. I'm sorry." I manage to call out quietly. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." The wind picks up. I'm losing control again. I whimper as I'm pulled harshly back up to my feet.

"Stop it! You're not supposed to break down like this! You're a hunter and a pureblood! Show some pride!" Yagari-sensei scolds me. I shake my head.

"I can't! I can't! They're abandoning me! I'm losing my family!" I yell out. I gasp, and try to calm myself when I realize that my powers were cutting him up. He won't be the only one getting hurt if I don't calm down.

"I'm sorry!" I drop my head to his chest, and he moves his grip from my arms to wrap them around me.

"Nobody is leaving you, Alondra. They just need some time. You didn't react so well when I told you about what you are or finding out that vampires are real. Let them calm down. You need to calm down too." I close my eyes, and nod my head on his chest.

"Okay." I assure him. He pulls me away, and uses his hand to lift my head up square with my shoulders.

"There. Now lets go." He says turning away.

"Go?" I question, but he keeps walking.

Ichiru follows after him, and I look over at Zero, but I don't see Kaname. I guess he's still hiding from his friends. Zero stands in front of me. I want to smile at him, but it still hurts. I lower down, and take him in my arms.

"What happened here?!" Aido questions, and looks like he's about to laugh at Zero. He in turn glares over at Aido. Daring him too laugh.

"Um-" I stop as I realize that neither Kaname nor Zero know that I know who cursed them into nekos, and they don't really know how I'm planning to change them back. Scratch that. I still don't know where to start since I have no clues to go by. I only know Yuki, and a bit of her story. I'm going to have to ask them sooner or later if I want to help them.