The Deadly Deal

"Shizuka, I'm allowing you back in my blood and mind, so talk. Where are you?" I question as I look around for her in my dream world. The cemetery now has cleared from all horrifying sights since the day I learned to block away unwanted visitors from my mind. I walk around the area searching, and opening myself up for Shizuka. This shows by the cemetery gates opening.

"Have you finally come to terms with me?" Shizuka questions me as she enters the cemetery. I lock the gate behind her, so no other guests intrude in my dreams. She smiles as I stand before her. I motion for her to sit on a bench I summon beside her. Her smile never falters as she gracefully sits down. I sit across from her with less grace, since I want to get the point.

"Your offer seems tempting, but I need something in return from you. Your information for me. What do you think?" I question her. I see a glint of mischief and amusement in her eyes, but I keep my gaze level with hers.

"I like the sound of it. What do you want to know, Alondra?" I nod my head.

"What happened after Toga Yagari captured Ichiru, and I left with Zero and Kaname?'" Shizuka lightly chuckles, and rises.

"That's a very easy answer dear." She walks over to me, and takes my hand. Looking at the blue veins that run through it.

"Hey! You tell me first!" I yell at her as I pull my hand away from hers.

"After you left lower level members of the Senate came to my aid, and captured him." I look at her stunned.

"I-Is he alive?" I question her.

"Barely. They've been trying to pry information out of him. Information about you." I gulp, and shake my head.

"Tell me where he is. I promise if you help me get to him. . .I'll give you every last drop of my blood." Shizuka laughs, and looks at me.

"How can I believe you?" She questions me.

"Because I can't lie to save my life, and Sensei is more important than me. If you'd like a blood oath I'll give it to you." I tell her putting my wrist out. Her eyes flash crimson as she bites into my right wrist. I wince, and she meets my eyes with her mad gaze.

At least this is a dream world, so I won't turn into a vampire in real life. I gasp as I see a symbol forming on my wrist. Shizuka pulls her fangs out, and wipes my blood off her face. Well, tries to, but it just smears all over her beautiful face.

"That is the symbol for 'Cherry Blossom', if you go back on your word the virus I put into you will kill you instantly." I stare horrified at my wrist. I really didn't know what I got myself into. Shizuka laughs at my expression before backing out towards the gate, and disappearing in an explosion of cherry blossoms. I suppose curses are different than drinking my blood.

I sit up, and find myself back in Kaito's room. I reach for the light switch beside me, and close my eyes abruptly at the bright light. I wait as my eyes adjust to the light, and pick up my throbbing right wrist. The symbol is there. I really have to go through with my promise now. I can't tell anyone about this or else they'll try to stop me.

                                                                             ~0~

"Wake up, Alondra!" I jump awake as I feel something land on my face. I sit up, and take off the towel from my face.

"Be more gentle when you wake me up!" I yell out at Kaito that stands at the door.

"You complain a lot. I went to pick up your little sister like you asked, and I told her a couple things. I told her to keep that a secret, and get you some clothes to change into. Shower is through that door." He says pointing to the door to the left of me. I nod my head, and take the covers off. I remember my injury, and lift up my shorts a little, and I see that all that's left is a fading scar. I really did heal fast. That's impressive.