Kaien Cross's Help

"Kaien Cross." I repeat the name silently as I look at this man. He's nothing like I thought he'd be. I kinda expected a guy like Yagari-sensei, but this guys is loud, proud, and bubbly. I don't like that combo. Not one bit, and it seems these guys don't either, but Kaname is doing a way better job at hiding it.

"Um-"

"Don't let his idiotic act fool you. He was one of the best hunters of all time back in the day. He killed vampires here and there. President Kaien Cross, 'The Fangless Vampire'." Kaito tells me. I look back at him, and then back at the smiling Kaien Cross. No one mentioned he was the president of the whole building. He walks up to me, and puts his hand out.

"Hello there. I'm Kaien Cross. It's nice to meet you." He says. I take his hand a little awkwardly.

"I'm Alondra. It's nice to meet you too, sir." I say blushing a little. I get like that with all new people. Especially really nice people. But now that I'm focusing I can see how right these guys are. If they hadn't told me I definitely would have confused him for a vampire.

"Are you going to help us get Yagari-sensei back?" I question him. He's the head honcho here, so I'm sure his influence can help a whole bunch in order to face the Senate.

"Yes, of course. He's a personal friend of mine, and I will do all I can to help him." He says clasping my hand in both of his. I smile gratefully at him.

"Thank you, President Cross." I tell him, and take in a breath of relief.

"Right! Lets get to the Senate then!" I say walking towards the door, but Kaito pulls me back by the collar of my shirt.

"What the hell?!" I yell out at him.

"Idiot, how can you go to a place just like that. I doubt you'd even make it past the front door. We don't even have a plan! Actually, you don't even know where it is!" Kaito yells out at me. I blush.

"Oh, I forgot." I say getting out of his grasp, and standing there.

 "Okay! What's the plan?" I question slamming the desk for effect.

"You have a brain. Use it." My right eye twitches.

"Oh, that's it, Takamiya. You're going down!" I say to him, and I pounce on him. Better to knock him down than punch him softly.

"Let me at him! Let me at him!' I yell out as Ichiru and President Cross hold me back.

"Calm down. Don't let him rile you up, Alondra." Ichiru says to me as I stop flailing my legs around. "Though he has an amazing talent for it." I huff, and they release me. I turn away from Kaito, and a light bulb flashes in my head.

"Don't even think about it, Alondra." Zero says as I open my mouth. I close it, and look over at him.

"H-"

"I know you." He answers me before I even ask him anything.

"Wi-"

"No, I won't let you finish a sentence." My temple throbs, but I can't keep myself from smiling.

"You're so mean. But I'm serious. I have an idea." I say putting my hands to my hips.

"I don't want to hear it." Zero tells me with all seriousness. I frown.

"Why not?" I question him with my own frown. He paces around before facing me.

"Because I know you plan to put yourself at risk again. I'm not going to let you go willingly to the Senate, understood?" Zero tells me sternly.

"Yes, mom." I say rolling my eyes. He glares up at me, and I turn away. "You got a better idea?" I question crossing my arms over my chest.

"Not yet, but I'm sure it's going to be better than your idea." Oh, well I can see how much faith he has in me.