The Search For Yagari Sensei

I return to the world of consciousness, but my eyes still won't open. From what I feel is that I'm in someone's arms. I wish I were still unconscious. My left leg is burning. So is my body.

"You're developing a fever. We're almost to the hospital." I slightly open my eyes to find Ichiru carrying me. I guess he's making sure I don't die. I probably won't be worth much to Shizuka if I'm dead. Ichiru is the only one I can rely on in my current state.

"What h-happened?" I question a little hoarsely. Ichiru stops, and looks down at me surprised.

"What do you mean by that? You're the one, who managed to fight off Takuma, and then you fell unconscious." I look at him surprised and confused.

"I did?" That hasn't happened to me since that first time I trained with Yagari-sensei.

"Yes, don't you remember?" I shake my head.

"Not at all. I just remember hearing a voice before going unconscious." I explain to him. He looks at me for a moment longer before continuing on his way.

My teeth start to chatter, I'm shivering even more, and my sweat starts to roll down my face. "Hold out a little longer. We're almost there." I groan, and close my eyes again.

"It's so cold." I wince as my leg throbs.

"There you are!" My eyes open as I hear familiar voices.

"Mom. Dad." I look at their worried faces, and give them a smile. It seems it's not helping them.

"Doctor! Doctor! Please help! We found our other daughter!" My mom rushes off. I sigh, and just let them do what they want. I'm too tired to argue that I'm okay, because I'm really not.

"D-dad? Where's Kaname and Zero?" I question him. He shakes his head.

"I'm sorry. I have no idea. We received a call from the hospital that your sister was here, and witnesses said that you had been taken by the police." I nod my head. Confirming it for him. They don't know that it wasn't actually the police.

"Yeah, but I'm safe now." Ichiru squeezes my arm.

"Stop saying you're okay. You're shivering from a fever." A stretcher is brought quickly towards the waiting room in the emergency room.

"Alright. You, lie her down here, and we'll take a look at her." A doctor says to Ichiru. He complies, and puts me down. With his coat still wrapped tightly around me. The warmth was welcomed. I was still freezing though.

                                 ~0~

"Hello?" I rub my tired eyes as the door opens. I smile as I spot my family. They enter the room, and surround me.

"You alright?" I question my little sister.

"Yeah, but idiot. . .don't worry about me. You're the one that was hurt." My sister says frowning at me. I lightly chuckle, and look at the stitches starting from my thigh to just about where my knee starts.

"True, but I'm feeling better now. Well, as close to okay as I can get." I touch around it gently, and look at the worried eyes of my family.

"What happened to Ichiru?" I question them.

"That boy that brought you here?" My mom questions me.

"Yeah." I tell her. She puts a finger to her lip.

"He left after you were taken." I look at her for a moment before nodding my head.

"Oh, but now I'm worried about Kaname, Zero, and Yagari-sensei. I don't know where they are." My parents exchange a glance, and I start getting suspicious at the silence.