Midnight Stroll

I slightly open the door to where Yagari-sensei sleeps in, and check for any hunters around. President Cross said I shouldn't be alone in this place, but I have to go out, and investigate. Although I have no leads of anything. Only to go back to the Senate. I gulp, and step out when I see no one. I should sneak out after I find Black and Blue Rose. So first search for them, and then sneak out of the Association.

I reach down for my shoes, and take them off. I'd better make sure I'm super quiet, and make sure I can hear others coming. I look all around, and keep my guard up. I want to make sure I can sense anyone approach me.

I stop at the end of the one way path, and look at the fork in the road. I bite my lower lip, and look between the two paths.

"Uh oh. This is the hard stuff!" I frown, and sigh. I walk forward, and let my legs lead me either left or right. My legs pick right, and I keep going that way.

"It seems kind of empty. Are the hunters asleep?" That would be so lucky for me. I can look for Black and Blue Rose and leave. If only things were that easy. I smack myself for getting distracted, and keep my brain quiet. Oh hey... I just realized that the traps haven't gone off. Looks like the building still thinks of me as a hunter.

"A door. Maybe here." I press my ear against the door to listen for any human life in there. I don't hear a thing, and there are too many presences to tell if there's anything in there. I slowly turn the knob, and push it open a crack. It's dark, but I can actually see. Wow vampiredom is awesome! How could I have said I didn't want this?

"Nobody's here." I smile relieved, and open the door fully. Entering what appears to be a storage room. I put one of my shoes on the door to make sure it doesn't lock on me. Hopefully no one comes by.

There's no light in here, but I'm grateful to my vampire vision. I can see without light. I look around the storage area. It's heavy with the feel of anti-vampire weapons. Maybe Black and Blue Rose are in here. I look through cases, shelves, and boxes. I don't see a trace of them.

"Hm, this would be so much more easier if they could talk." I grunt, and keep going on ahead.

"Black Rose? Blue Rose? Hello? Are you in here?" I shake my head at the fact that I'm calling out for inanimate objects. I've reached the end, and I can see a long table. Hopefully they're there.

I rush over towards it, and look at all the cases there. I start from the beginning, but only find broken weapons. I should stop, but my attention lands on a case in the center of the table. I reach for it, and open it.

"There you are!" I say happily spotting my weapons. I reach for Black Rose, and pull my hand back at the sudden appearance of thorns. I frown as they recede. I quickly grab Blue Rose, and drop her the moment she grows thorns as well. I look at my bleeding hand, and look at my weapons confused.

"What's wrong? Why are you acting that way?" I question the weapons.

"Because you're a vampire now." I scream startled at Kaito's voice. I didn't sense him at all. I also jump when a sudden burst of my power topples over a couple of the stacked up boxes.

"Don't do that!" I yell at him as I try to calm myself down. I finally look over at Kaito, and see him leaning against one of the boxes. Not looking at me at all, but I can still feel a dirty look directed at me.

I look at my healed hand, and wipe away the drying blood. "How did you know I was in here?" I question him.

"Your presence fills up the whole Association. It's easy to tell where you are even if you sneak around. So what are you up to vampire?" I usually don't let that kind of stuff bother me, but that really stung. I don't know why it hurt, but it did. My stomach is clenching up, my hands are too, my legs are trembling. It feels like I'm a child being scolded for breaking something valuable to a parent.