Zero and Kaname's Secret

I open my eyes to a bright light above me. I close my eyes again, and turn my head away from it. It makes my head throb as I do, maybe I need to sleep a little longer and it will go away.

"She's awake!" I open my eyes more slowly at the sound of my mom's voice. I let my vision adjust, and I look around to find myself in a hospital room. I've never been in one myself, surprisingly, I'm a rather healthy person. In spite of my diet and sedentary lifestyle would make you believe. 

"Wh-" I stop talking once my voice comes out all raspy. My mouth is so dry. I somehow manage to build up saliva. "What happened?" I question in a whisper. I raise my arm as I feel a bit of pressure on my inner arm. Looks like I got an IV, which I've never had placed on me, that I remember. How uncomfortable, it kinda hurts when I move my arm, like it's pinching me.

"You passed out, and some people called the hospital. The school was informed after they found you a few blocks away from it. They contacted us and told us you were very dehydrated. I had to call your mom out of her job." My dad explains to me as I look over at the doctor who seems to have also been waiting with my family.

"Oh." I rub my eyes before putting my hand down slowly to my side. I jump as I touch something.

I lift my head to find Kaname and Zero sleeping on either side of me. "We found them trying to wake you up. The EMS I mean." The doctor tells me. I look back down at them, and smile. I pet their heads gently. Careful not to disturb their sleep. Somehow he's not shocked at all by their presence either, maybe my family made up an excuse as to what they are. I wonder if they want to believe they're toddlers or something, they're kind of their size, but probably a little smaller than that. 

"They came back." I feel tears coming out again, and I try to hold them back by blinking rapidly.

"Alright. Lets leave the young lady to rest, and we'll talk about a few things." The doctor says motioning my parents out of the room. I move my palms up to my eyes, and rub at my teary eyes.

"You came back." I say feeling very happy. I think this is what happiness feels like. I haven't had much experience with it, but I'm just going to assume this is it. This is right.

"I couldn't leave you." Zero says startling me. I uncover my eyes, and look to find him very close to me. I blush at the sudden affection. Then I smile to try, and make it more comfortable.

"Th-thanks." I say reaching out to him, but I remember that he doesn't like to be petted, so I pull back hesitantly, but he grabs my bandaged hand to press it to his cheek.

"Sorry about the scratches." He says to me, and really meaning it.

"D-don't worry about it. I know you don't like to be touched, but I keep being stubborn, and wanting to hold you." I tell him, but it's nice that he's letting me touch him now. "Zero, can I ask you something?" I question him, and at that moment Kaname wakes up. I look at his reddish brown eyes before he jumps on me, and hugs me.

"You're okay?!" He questions me. I laugh, trying to ignore the pinching on my arm from the IV needle moving a bit inside my vein.

"Yeah, I'm okay now. I'm glad the two of you came back!" I say petting their heads gently.

"I'm sorry. We had to calm down." Kaname says looking away.

"Right. I understand now." I tell them. They look at me surprised.

"What do you mean?" They question me. I scratch my forehead.

"Um well I figured out that you two are also vampires." They look away, and I smile at them. "Hey, I love vampires as much as I love nekos." I tell them, trying to ease them from the worried look on their faces. I look at them blush brightly. "I guess if you guys need blood I'll gladly offer it." I say to them.