The Encounter With Shizuka Hio

"Where's Kaname?" I finally remembered that he wasn't there due to Shizuka's pureblood aura. I look around, but I don't sense him anywhere.  I guess his pureblood pride made him bashful, and he decided to hide from Shizuka. I guess he didn't want the same reaction Zero got when Ichiru saw him. Pureblood pride is intense.

"Ichiru, deal with the hunter while I take this young lady." Shizuka says smiling at me. Cherry blossom petals graze my cheek ever so gently. Shizuka's eyes glow crimson, and I feel blossoms grazing my hands. I look down to find those petals rush back to Shizuka. She grabs a petal, and puts it to her lip.

"This taste. Yes, I must have your blood." She says smiling at me. I feel a knot in my throat at her hungry look. I'm definitely just a blood bag to her.

"No way!" I point my guns at her. "That's as much of my blood as you'll ever get." I yell out at her. She simply laughs, and a sudden gust of petals temporarily blinds me.

"But I'm sure Ichiru told you that you don't have a say in this." I gasp as Shizuka managed to get behind me. One arm is around me while the other is at my chin. Moving my head to the side. I try to move, but she's really strong. Yagari-sensei did warn me that vampires have super strength. I hardly have any.

"Leave her alone!" I scream as a gun shot goes off. I look to my shoulder, and chest to find blood running down it, but it's not my blood. I look back to find a bullet hole in Shizuka's forehead, but she hardly seems fazed.

"Shizuka-sama!" I hear Ichiru's concerned call.

I feel her grip loosen, and I escape her grasp. I turn my Blue Rose at her, and I trap her in a blue barrier.

"Got her." I say, and I feel very accomplished that a smile spreads across my face. My arms throb, and the intense pain makes me fall. Fall into darkness.

                                        ~0~

I open my eyes, and find myself looking up at the roof of the car. My mind is in a haze, but I just vaguely remember what just happened. I sit up, and find nobody in the car. I look out through the broken window to find that we're still in the bar. I see that Shizuka is still trapped in the Blue Rose barrier. Standing there fairly calm. Ichiru has been restrained by Yagari-sensei. Huh, how simple it was to catch her.

"I see you're awake. Are you okay?" I jump as I look to the passenger seat.

"Kaname." I reach a hand to him, but I move my body over to hold him. "I'm glad you're still here." I say with all honesty.

"Do you really mean that?" He questions, and the tone in his voice doesn't sound very pleased.

"Of course I mean it. You mean a lot to me, Kaname." I tell him not understanding where this was going.

"Not as much as Zero." I frown at this little comment.

"I love you both equally!" He shakes his head.

"When you say 'love' you don't mean it like the way I see you." Uh oh. We're going into the area outside of 'friend zone'. I pull away from him, and sit back down.

"I don't know how to answer that. I've never heard anyone refer to me that way before." I say casting my eyes to the side. "I'm sorry. I can't respond." I get out of the car, and make my way carefully back to Yagari-sensei.

"So you're up now." I blush, and nod my head.

"Yeah. I guess I tired myself out, and the fact that I was losing blood didn't help out either." I say, and I find my hands had stopped bleeding, but they're all cut up. "So you managed to restrain Ichiru, and Blue Rose maintained the barrier?" Yagari-sensei nods his head.