Visit To The Hunters Association

I startle awake as my head slides off the seat belt. I yawn, and look out of the window. I feel rustling on my legs. I look down, and find Kaname and Zero resting peacefully on either side of me. I smile, and stretch my arms as far as this small vehicle will let me.

"Morning." Ichiru says turning back to look at me. I smile at him, and let another yawn escape.

"Morning, Ichiru. Morning, Kaito." I rub my eyes as Kaito responds. I notice the sky brightening. I thought I was only going to take a nap, but I slept through the night. How convenient. I feel so refreshed.

"Are we almost there?" I whisper over to them.

"Almost. Just another hour, and we'll be there." I nod my head, and sit back. Zero suddenly wakes up, and slowly sits up. I look over at him curiously until he meets my brown eyes with his crimson eyes. I bite my lower lip, and look over at Kaname, who is still resting peacefully. I look over at Kaito and Ichiru, who are looking on ahead in silence.

I look over back at Zero, and I turn my hand around to show him my wrist. He eyes it for only a moment before nearing it, and licking it slowly. A light pinch is what I feel when he plunges his fangs into my wrist. I watch him intently. He really seems to enjoy the taste of my blood. With just the way he's savoring the taste of it. I blush brightly, and gulp.

"How would it feel if he were in his normal body?" I blush at my crazy thought, and try to block away any crazy thoughts like those from my mind.

I jump as Kaname digs his claws into my leg in his sleep. Looks like even in his sleep he can sense these things. That causes more blood to spill.

"STOP!" I yell out, and I startle Kaito enough to brake hard.

"What the hell?!" He yells out at me. I unbuckle myself, and slip out of the vehicle. I walk towards the shade, and all the while run my hands through my hair. I turn my head to look at my wrist that is still spilling blood, and at my leg as well.

"Maybe after we rescue Yagari-sensei. . .I should break ties with those two, but the problem is that I don't want to. It's too late. I've grown too attached to them. I can't let them go now." I lean against a tree, and try to calm myself.

"Are you okay?" I nod my head, and look over at Ichiru.

"Yeah, sorry. I'm okay now." I say giving him a forced smile before standing up from the tree.

"You look really distraught between the two of them." I blush, and look away from Ichiru.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He sighs, and I cast a side glance at him.

"There's no point in denying it, stupid. It's obvious to me." I frown.

"Yeah, well people said the same thing about you and me." I tell him trying to defend myself.

"Well, you do like me." I blush even brighter.

"What the hell?!" He chuckles, and I frown. Sure I like him, but of course as in a friend that I never really had. I've never comfortably joked around or talked to someone about my feelings that way.

"Guys are idiots." I mumble before walking past him back to the awaiting vehicle.

"Is the princess ready to continue?" Kaito questions as I renter the vehicle on the passenger seat this time. I think for now I need to keep my distance from Kaname and Zero until they cool their heads. Good luck, Ichiru.

"Don't call me a freaking 'princess', and yes, I'm ready to go." I say to him as I put the seat belt on.

He tosses me a packet of tissues and I catch it. Using them to clean up the blood leftover on me. Though it's kind of dry, so I'll definitely need a shower after we reach our destination. The realization is setting in and I'm getting nervous. They're all probably a bunch of grumps like Kaito, Sensei, and Zero. Ah...