Accidental Pureblood. . .How Embarrassing. . .

Blood runs through my ears like standing right next to a waterfall, my body trembles like as if I were buried deep in the coldest snow, and my mind can hardly think straight.

How I'm able to keep conscious is beyond me. This pain is intense, but ever so slightly I can tell the pain is lessening. I guess everyone is too impressed with my change, and has forgotten about their fight.

I wince as my canines start to throb, my nails feel gross as they become longer, my scalp itches as I notice my hair growing longer, and my lightly tanned skin is becoming even more pale than I thought it would ever be.

Becoming a vampire hurts, especially if you're not prepared for it. All because I was clumsy, and fell on the vile. Talk about an embarrassing way to be turned.

I'd always thought it'd be one of those romantic moments where my vampire lover takes me in his arms, looks me intently in the eyes, and begs for me to stop him as his fangs pierce my neck. Cheesy, but I can't do anything about it. I have some naïve notions of romance thanks to the media.

My throat is dry. I'm so thirsty. It's something I've never felt before. I guess this must mean it's done. I've changed into a pureblood, and now I'm craving blood.

I look up as I see Kaname standing before me. He bites into his wrist, and the scent of sweet blood makes my fangs painfully pop out of my gums. He turns his wrist onto my mouth, and I open it gladly as the first drops of blood touch my tongue. It sends a jolt of satisfaction through me. Now I understand why vampires like the taste of blood. It's different to their taste buds than humans. But it's not enough...

"Is your hunger satisfied?" All sense returns to me as everything that happened falls on me like a ton of bricks. I abruptly sit up, and touch the blood running down my chin. I wipe it away, and look at the crimson liquid sliding down my pale finger.

My body feels so different, I feel so much stronger than before, like as if my true powers have finally awoken. The hunter and pureblood in me are mixing and mingling to make me stronger the longer I get used to my change.

I look around to find everyone's eyes on me. I blush, and run my fingers through my waist length brown hair. My hair hasn't been this long since I was eleven. I had forgotten how heavy it feels having so much hair. I look down at my blood stained chest, and reach down to pull out the glass shards that became embedded on my skin. Oh, right I suppose since I'm a pureblood, the vampires that aren't purebloods are hesitant now to harm me.

"Your blood has awoken, Alondra. Now I can eat you up." I gasp at Sara's sudden return. I was so distracted that I didn't notice her sudden appearance.

My heart pounds, my skin crawls, and a sudden gust of wind blows my hair up. I smell blood, and Sara's arms come off of me. I look around to find the place around me cracking, crumbling, and breaking apart. I jump as Kaname lands on my lap.

"You must calm down. Your powers are destroying this place." Kaname tells me. I look at him, and trust him enough to do as he says. I close my eyes, and take deep breaths to calm myself down.

The wind subsides, and my hair spills over my shoulder, face, and well almost all of my upper body. I move my hair away, and turn back to find a bleeding Sara putting her face back together. I look away, and rise from the ground.

"Lets go!" I gasp as Ichiru grabs my hand, and we start to run. I reach my hand out towards the two nekos following after us. They latch on, and I also look back to find Yagari-sensei running with us. Away from the building that's falling apart. Hopefully the two purebloods will stay there until their faces heal. I pull my arm up, and wrap both nekos in my arms as we run out of the top floor.