The Rescue Plan

I snort awake as I feel a bump on my back. I sit up, and groan. I had fallen asleep on the floor. My eyes feel all crusty too, and may I say that that sounded very unattractive right now. I mean who does actually look good in the morning, right? So who cares how I look right now?

I rub my eyes, and crawl away from the door. It opens all the way, and I continue to rub at my eyes until I look at least somewhat presentable.

"Did you sleep on the floor?" I slightly peek at Ichiru through my bang.

"Um, yeah." I say with a slight chuckle. He walks over to me, and kneels down. I let out a big yawn and boy do my eyes feel a bit swollen.

"Your cheeks are red. You were crying." I turn away.

"I was not." But I guess the proof is on my face. And the look on his face confirms that it's very noticeable. Well, I just couldn't help myself, I was overwhelmed by so many emotions. I just didn't know how to process them other than with tears.

"What happened last night? Your sheets were put in the washer, and it smells like spilled shampoo in here and hydrogen peroxide." Looks like I really suck at covering up the scene of a crime. Then it's a good thing I'm not a murderer, eh?

"Wait did you-"

"NO!" I yell out at him. It's not my time of the month yet. Geez, and even if it was, I never would admit it to Ichiru, any guy for that matter! No actually, not a single person, no matter what they identify as!

"No, I brought that vile of blood the scientists were going to put into me. You'd startled me, and I dropped it last night. I cleaned off the blood." I explain to him at least that much of last night's unforgettable events.

"What else? I doubt spilt blood would make you cry." I blush, and shake my head.

"I guess homesickness finally set in. The idea that my parents are worried sick about me, and that they're going to be really disappointed in me for doing all this reckless stuff just for a man that isn't even related to me." I tell him as a lie, but honestly I just realized how true that was as well. I wasn't thinking about that last night though. I was thinking about Kaname's sudden proposal.

"I guess I shouldn't expect you trust me right off, but you shouldn't keep whatever you're hiding to yourself." I wince at how easily he figured me out.

"I don't like seeing you sad. You're prettier when you smile." He says as he strokes my cheek lightly with his fingers. I watch him, and then I stand up.

"I guess you're right, but I don't think I can ask you for help. I need unbiased help." I tell him with a small smile. He nods his head, and stands up as well. "Eh?! Ichiru!" I say shocked as he comes closer, and embraces me tightly.

"You need one, don't you?" I stare surprised at the door behind him before my vision blurs. I drop my face to hide my eyes on his shoulder before gripping his shirt tightly.

Looks like I really needed a hug. I don't get them enough when it isn't a holiday or my birthday. Being hugged because someone can tell you need it is so comforting.

"Just like I thought. If you need to talk I'll listen." I nod my head.

"I don't know where to start. I'm just a mix of emotions that I don't understand myself. I just want to rescue Yagari-sensei, and figure myself out." I say into his shirt. He strokes my hair gently, and we stay like that until my tears finally die out. My face is just going to be a huge mess today.

                                          ~0~

"Come to my room, Alondra." I jump at Kaito's sudden offer.