The Dance Of The Pureblood

The wind blows my long brown hair back. My eyes are set on the two enemies below me. Shizuka Hio, who is in Maria Kurenai's body. Rido Kuran, who I just recently found out is still alive, and craving my blood. Shizuka's mood seems to have soured at Rido's arrival.

She knows she can't do much with me since she's in a pretty fragile body. From what I can tell by sight. I don't even want to get near Rido. He really freaks me out. I look to where Black Rose was. I put my hand out, and manipulate the wind to bring it to me.

"Interesting. It seems you've learned about your new powers in this short battle." Shizuka says smiling up at me with disdain, but her voice gave her away. She's shocked at my fast development, and honestly, so am I. Maybe it's because I'm relying on instinct. Or this is just the natural ability I refused to acknowledge in me. Either way I look at it. . .the longer I'm in this battle, the more my powers increase.

"Shocking, isn't it? Well, this is useful. Now I can fight the both of you, even though you both have more experience than me." I unlock Black Rose, and point her at them. "I won't lose!"

I shoot two bullets quickly, but Rido creates a blood barrier. I curse. I didn't think he could use his blood like that. I just thought he could make blood whips. I guess I don't have much of a choice. I have to use what Kaito taught me. Fight first then end it with my weapon. Easy enough. . .if they were Kaito!

"You're going to have to do better than that." I hear Rido's cruel voice behind the blood wall. It shifts around, and I don't see him anymore. Only Shizuka remains, but the blood is coming towards me. I can only assume that Rido is too. I shoot Black Rose at the blood coming towards me in mid air, but it bends around to avoid the bullets. I curse, and basically fly for my life.

I can't let him catch me. He doesn't seem to take pity on anyone. No matter how much they beg and plead. No matter how weak they are. I look back to find it getting closer to me. I panic, and I lose control of the wind. It stops flowing under me and I start to fall.

Matters are made worse when the blood starts to wrap around me. I use my nails to try, and scratch it off. Yet it keeps pressing against me. Solidifying when it comes in contact with me, but becomes liquid when I try to scratch at it. I scream in frustration as the blood completely traps me. I gasp as a wisp of it wraps around my neck. I'm pulled down from the skies that were once safe for me.

I continue my struggle, but no matter how much strength I use it won't come off. "LET ME GO!" I scream out with all the growing fear inside of me. My heart is pounding like crazy, my body won't stop trembling. If it weren't for the blood holding on to me I would have dropped to the ground.

My legs feel like jello as they come in contact with the cool ground. The blood around my neck tightens, and that makes me stop screaming or voicing out my protests. My head drops, and I look at my feet. I breathe in gasps since most of my oxygen is being cut off.

"That's better. You're much more enjoyable as a submissive." I lift my head up slightly to look at Rido stepping towards me. My bang covering my left eye, so I basically have a huge blind spot. It's times like this I wish I had cut my hair before this.

The grip loosens a bit, and I can breathe normally again. Rido puts his fingertips to my chin. Lifting my face to look at him directly.

"Why are you making such a hate filled face? Smile more. It suits you." He says mocking me by spreading my lips into a smile. I glare at him, and move my mouth to bite at his fingers with so much force that I tear them off. I spit them out, and he laughs at the sight of his missing fingers.

He raises his other hand, and slaps me hard across the face. I feel the force snap my neck, but I'm still alive, and this is a horrible pain. Even more so as my neck quickly puts itself back together. It's disgusting the amount of damage a pureblood can take without dying. If this is it, I'd rather be a killable Level E. Blood runs down my chin. I yelp in pain as he pulls my hair back, and he makes me look up at him.