Journey To The Senate

I jump as I hear arguing on the other side of the door. I look at Kaname for an instant before rushing out to find arguing between the Kiryu twins. Since I'm not strong enough to hold Ichiru back, I take Zero into my arms, and run out of the apartment building, so I can speak to him privetly. He complains, and tries to struggle.

"Ow! The scratches on my chest haven't healed yet! Take it easy!" I scold him as I slow down. He stops his struggle as well, and I set him down to look at the new scratches. I curse softly as I lick off the blood coming off of the five scratches on each arm. I cringe at the taste of copper filling my tongue. How can vampires like this? It's disgusting!

"Okay, Zero. Why were you two arguing?" I question Zero as I wipe off the rest of my blood. He blushes, and refuses to look at me. I roll my eyes.

"If you won't tell me I'll ask Ichiru." He cringes, and hesitantly meets my eyes. "I'm serious. Tell me why you two were arguing?" I question kneeling in front of him. I sigh at how much he's hesitating, so I'm just going to guess what they were arguing about.

"You were arguing about me, weren't you?" He nods his head slowly. "Why? He did save me from Shizuka. He killed her." Zero looks at me in complete shock.

"He killed her?" I guess they didn't get into that.

"Yes, he killed her before she plunged her fangs into my neck. I don't really understand why he did it, and neither does he. The best explanation he gave me was that through our bonding I reminded him of when he was younger. Being weak, and striving to get stronger to. . .to catch up to you." Although I don't think it's my place to tell him that, and yet it came out. I can't take it back now.

"Now that I think about it. . .He's right. Ichiru and I are a lot alike. I guess that's why we made an immediate connect-" I stop when I see Zero's pained expression he tries to mask.

"A connection as friends. I really don't understand my feeling very well, but the five of you are important to me." Zero gives me a questioning gaze which comes out as more of a frown.

"Yagari-sensei, Kaito, Ichiru, Kaname, and you." He looks away trying to look unhappy, but his swaying tail shows that he's happy. I giggle, and ruffle his silver hair. He glares at me, and I stand up.

"Sorry about the scratches." I look at the scabbed over injuries and shrug.

"I had it coming. No big deal. Anyway I'll heal in no time." I wink, and turn back.

"You're not going to fight with Ichiru, right? I have a soft spot for twins, so try not to piss me off. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." I say leaning down to look at him.

"Same here." He says giving a slight smirk. I roll my eyes, and open the entrance to the apartment.

                                                ~0~

"What?!" I question Kaito stunned.

"You heard me. After everything you've explained to me. Yagari-sensei being in the hands of the Senate. . .We have to go there. You're the one who is insisting on this, so you're going." Kaito says to me. I puff my cheeks.

"But we're not talking about a leisurely trip across the street! We're talking about a trip across the ocean!" I tell him although I'd love to go, but I have parents and school to worry about.

"You are really indecisive." I frown at Kaito.

"No, I'm just-"

"You worry over the small details like a certain someone I know." Ichiru adds in casting a glance at Zero, who glares at him along with me.