Chapter 11

Alyssa POV

I'm soo glad that Lucas and I are on talking terms right now. The thing is I just want us to be friends for now. If things go great then we can take another step towards our goal or mines. Any who, I got to my house and I got a text. I put my password and tapped the message box. "Hey babe, did you make it home safely?" I was thinking it has to be Lucas. "Um...who's this???"

"It's me babe...Lucas" Ohh that explains why I got a text from earlier, I was thinking to myself

"How did you get my number?"

"Will gave it to me"

"Ohh, you know you could've asked me right"

"I know but at that time we weren't on talking terms ma"

"Ok true but I have to go love you"

"Ok and love you too" While we were texting my heart was just racing. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened when we were in 7/11. I saw a car pull up into the driveway. It was my mom's car and my dad was already here. I took my keys out the ignition and got out. "How was your day love?"

"It was good and guess what?" I got all excited. 

"What...Alyssa and don't be lying to me at all." I looked at my mom like why would I do that.

"I'm not and Lucas and I are on talking terms again."

"Really I'm so happy for you. Come and get the groceries." I got 3 bags as my mom got the last two. I unlocked the door and held it for my mommy. "Thanks love." 

"Your welcome." After my mom walked in I closed the door behind her and locked it. I was walking into the kitchen to put the groceries away. "So tell me everything that happened." I told her everything that happened. "Omg, so when are yall gonna hangout or something?" 

My dad came downstairs and said, "Hey pumpkin, how's your day?" He walked over towards my mom and kissed her. "My day was great actually." I looked at my mom like don't say nothing because my dad is not that fond of Lucas. 

Ring...ring...ring, I heard my dad phone. I can tell it was about his job because he gave my mom that look like he might have to go on a business trip. I hate when my dad has to go because we never have time together just father and daughter moments. He went upstairs and I sighed. "It's ok baby girl he just has to do a little work that all, ok. So, when are yall gonna hangout or something?

"I don't kno-(gco) My phone was ringing it was from Lucas. "Answer it. I'll put the rest of the food up." I shook my head yes and answered the phone.