Girl Meets Bird

The group was sauntering through the airport. Maya and Riley went to one of the shops to try perfumes. 'Oh my God, this smells so good!' Riley exclaimed and she held up a bottle of floral perfume. 'I have got to buy this one.' Maya looked up. 'Riles, look at the price. 'Well, I really have to NOT buy this. Why is it so expensive?' Riley asked confused. Maya shrugged. 'It always costs more at an airport.' She took her friend by the arm. 'Come on, we should go find the boys. We'll be boarding in half an hour.' Riley nodded and they went to search their friends.

Thirty minutes later it was announced that the flight to Hawaii would start boarding. But Maya and Riley still hadn't found the rest of the group. 'Where could they possibly be? We've looked everywhere. In every corner of every shop.' They decided to sit down near the gate. 'I'm gonna punch them in their faces when they return, because they should have been here a long time ago', Maya said impatiently. Riley began pacing. 'They'll come. They have to. I just know it.' The last people were boarding. 'Oh my God, Maya, they aren't coming. I think they just left us. What do we do? We obviously can't go to Hawaii alone and-' She didn't finish her sentence. 'There they are!' Maya stood up and walked over to the guys. 'YOU MORONS! You-' Lucas covered her mouth with his hands. 'Stop talking. We had some problems, but everything's okay. We'll explain later, but right now we have to board.' They showed their tickets and passports and after a few minutes, they were finally on the plane. 'Now, will you tell us what happened?' Maya asked. She sat in the seat next to the window. On her left was Josh and Farkle sat next to him. Riley sat at the other end of the aisle. She sat next to Lucas, who was also sitting next to Zay. 'Zay got in a fight.' 'What? What was the fight about?' Riley asked, clearly shocked. 'Oh, you're so not going to believe this', Lucas said. 'He got in a fight over a doughnut. A doughnut!' Farkle was almost shouting. 'Luckily, Josh and Lucas came to the rescue', Zay added. 'Well, and I helped as well', Farkle said. Everyone looked at him. 'Okay, maybe I just stood there, but...' He was cut off by the sound of engines starting. 'Oh no, is the plane already moving?' Riley said as she covered her eyes with her hands. 'Wait, Riley', Lucas said. 'You've never been on a plane before?' She looked at him through her hands. 'Um, well, I guess...not really. No, I've never been on a plane.' They could feel the plane moving and speeding up. 'Lucas, please, I'm scared.' She grabbed his hand. A blush spread on her face as she could not believe what she'd just done. 'I...I'm sorry', she said, trying to sound strong. 'It's okay, Riley. I was scared too when I went on a plane for the first time.' He thought for a few seconds. 'Just pretend you're a bird in the sky, flying away.' He moved his arms up and down, looking like he actually was a flying bird. Riley followed his example and soon her fear was gone. They laughed while still trying to copy the movements of a flying bird. 'There you go', Lucas said with a big grin. 'You know, Riley, you'd make a cute bird', he said. 'I don't know whether I should take that as a compliment or not', she said. 'You should take it as a compliment', Lucas said. 'Definitely a compliment.' Riley's heart felt like it was making a somersault. She smiled at him. Then Zay said: 'Ah, look at you two, flirting and all.' Riley and Lucas suddenly felt awkward about sitting next to each other and were silent. 'You okay?' Josh asked Maya, when he saw that she wasn't completely comfortable as well. Little did he know it had nothing to do with the plane. 'Yeah, I'm fine', she answered. 'Good.' They finally were up in the air and ready to get to their destination. Riley and Farkle chatted for a while. Josh was looking out of the window, which was kind of hard since Maya was sitting there. 'Look, Maya. The ocean. It seems so quiet and relaxing.' Maya looked outside as well. 'And the color...it's this beautiful shade of blue.' Just like your eyes, Maya wanted to say, but she didn't. The two of them enjoyed the view for a while. I wish I could stay right here, in this very moment, forever, Maya thought.

Thank you for reading everyone :) And thanks for voting on the previous chapter! I hope you liked it. I wanted to do a Rucas/Joshaya chapter, so here it is :) The flying away like a bird is a reference to the second chapter of the story, in which Maya tells Cory to let Riley go and fly away like a bird.

Love,