Girl Meets Storm, part I

After spending three days with the adults, the group was desperate for some friends-only time. Sure, it had been fun seeing them again, but they'd come for a vacation with friends in the first place. 'How do we tell them we want some alone time without hurting their feelings?' Riley asked. She and Maya were sitting on the blue couch in the living room. It matched with the curtains and carpet. 'I know a way', Maya responded as she stood up. 'Come.' She gestured for Riley to follow her. Riley obeyed and she and her friend walked into the garden where her parents and Shawn and Katy were. 'Hi, girls', Topanga said, looking up from the magazine she'd been reading. 'Hi, Mom', Riley said. It was clear she was nervous. Maya shoved her to the side and stepped in front of the others. 'We want a break from you', she simply said. 'What? Maya, I said ''without hurting their feelings''!' Riley exclaimed. Shawn, Katy and Topanga started laughing. Riley looked at them, confused. 'Why... why are you laughing?' She let out a nervous giggle of her own. 'Oh honey, that doesn't hurt our feelings', Topanga explained. 'It's okay for you to want to spend some time with your friends. We get it, we can be boring to you teens sometimes.' 'So you're not hurt?' Riley asked. She felt relieved about their reaction.
'Of course not', Katy said. Cory put his hand on his heart. 'I'm hurt', he said. 'Don't be so dramatic, Mr. Matthews', Maya said. Cory looked shocked, but the others started laughing again. 'Go', Topanga said. 'Have some fun!' 'But not too much', Cory said. 'Remember, no-' 'Bye Dad!' Riley cut him off. She and Maya ran away before Cory could say anything else.

'Finally some free time', Maya said. The group - the original one - was walking down a path that lead to a big meadow. They'd have a picnic there and could play some ball games. 'This is our holiday, Maya', Riley said, 'all we have is free time.' Maya rolled her eyes and gave her friend a playful smack on the arm. 'You know what I mean, Riles. I like having the adults here, but, you know, not like all the time.' 'They have only been here for three days.' Josh walked up to the two girls and put an arm around both of them. 'So you don't want me here as well?' he said. ''Cause I'm an adult, too, you know.' Maya poked him. 'You don't act like one', she said. 'Ha ha, very funny', he said. Maya shot him a smile. Josh forgot all about her comment as he looked into the deep-blue eyes he liked so much and he smiled back. 'Hurry up!' Vanessa called from up front. 'You guys walk so slow', she complained. Zay was walking next to her. 'Nothing wrong with that. Besides, it gives us some alone time', he said and he winked at her. Vanessa shot him a look that screamed ''what are you doing?''. He didn't took the hint and put his arm around her. 'Smooth', she said. Vanessa shook his arm off of her. Zay shrugged and looked at the others. It would take them at least two minutes to catch up with him and Vanessa. He waved at them. 'Come on guys, you heard the lady. Hurry up!' No one seemed to have heard him. 'Lazy', he said disapprovingly. He sighed. 'And my girlfriend rejected me', he said, pouting at Vanessa. 'Ugh, come here, you goofball!' He smiled and put his arm back around her. They reached the meadow within minutes. Zay let himself fall down on the green grass. Vanessa sat down next to him. They waited until the others arrived too. Everyone started to prepare the picnic. They had packed food and drinks. Maybe they were too busy focusing on making it as nice as possible. Too busy to have noticed the thunderclouds coming toward them. The sky had gone from a beautiful shade of blue and no clouds to pitch-black in a few minutes. It was Maya who looked up to the sky and saw what was coming. She knew the group was almost half an hour away from the mansion and nearly a minute away was the storm. There was no shelter nearby. 'You guys...' she said with a trembling voice.

Hey everyone :) I wanted to make a more exciting chapter. The previous ones all were considerably happy ones and they didn't really get out of the house a lot. Here's the new chapter of Girl Meets Hawaii! Thank you so much for reading it(I can't believe I reached 11K readers, your support means a lot to me♥) and a special thank-you to the people who have voted on the previous chapters. Have a nice day :D

Love,