Girl Meets Hospital

It was decided only Katy and Topanga would be there when they broke the bad news to Shawn. Riley, Maya, Josh and Farkle were in the car, waiting for the mothers to return. Lucas, Zay and Vanessa had gone inside, looking for Auggie. They would take care of him when the others, except for Katy who was also going to stay at home, were at the hospital. It had been quite a long walk back to the mansion, but they'd made it. They spent most of the time in complete silence. Not much had changed since then. Riley, Maya and Farkle were sitting next to each other in the car, while Josh had opted for some space. He sat alone in the far back of the car. He'd chosen that seat on purpose, knowing that no one would be joining him. After all, one seat had to be saved in the slight chance that Cory might be able to leave the hospital immediately. Which no one believed in. Josh was resting his head against the window. Maya turned around to look at him. 'Do you want me to come and sit next to you? You shouldn't be alone right now', she said to him. 'I'm not alone. I'm in a car full of people.' 'But...' 'Just let me be alone, right now, okay? Maybe I don't want your company!' Maya tried not to look hurt. 'Look, I know it must be hard and-' Josh looked her in the eyes. 'Please, Maya, don't', he said almost desperately. Maya turned back around. While doing so, she saw Riley's face was pale. Maya was devastated about the accident, but she knew it had to be at least one thousand times as hard on Riley. She took her friend's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. 'All will be okay', she said reassuringly. Riley didn't respond. She was frozen from the shock of the unexpected news. Maya looked over at Farkle to see how he was doing. He looked sad, too. But in a different way. Maya noticed something about him, a certain confidence. Confidence in Cory. Farkle had a lot of faith in him and his recovery. Maya was grateful he hadn't begun some kind of measurement to see what Cory's odds were. Not that he knew how bad the accident had been. She was sure Riley couldn't handle anything like that at the moment. Maya saw Riley putting a strand of hair behind her ear. It was the first time she'd seen her friend move since they were in the car.

Meanwhile, Topanga and Katy were searching for Shawn. They found him with Auggie and the three teens who had become babysitters for the moment. Babysitting Auggie, of course, not Shawn. Even though sometimes he still acted like a kid. He stood up when he saw Katy coming through the door. They were in the middle of the living room. Topanga stepped in front of Katy and gestured for Shawn to follow her. He saw her bloodshot eyes and knew something wasn't right. 'Is everything okay?' he asked. 'Not here', was all Topanga said, glancing at her little son, who was playing with one of his stuffed animals. They went into the garden. Everything was still soggy from the rain shower, but they found a dry spot. 'Shawn, we need to tell you something', Katy said, looking into her fiancé's eyes. Shawn put his hands in his pockets. 'Okay. Tell me. What is it?' He was a little bit concerned about what the two women were going to say next, but it wouldn't be all too bad, right? It couldn't be, he thought. But those thoughts were only there to be crushed in a few minutes. Katy cleared her throat, trying to get rid of the lump forming in it as she was about to tell Shawn what happened. She hadn't even processed it herself. She had been right there when it happened. She had heard Cory's scream. An awful sound of pain and shock she hoped she never had to experience it again. 'Shawn...' she slowly began to speak. 'Come on, Katy. Whatever it is. Just tell me.' Katy looked at him with sad eyes. 'Katy, you know I don't like pushing. But if you don't say something now, I will push you to do so.' He started thinking about the possibilities of what Katy was going to say. And just like that, the pieces clicked together. 'You don't want to get married', he said. His heart sank when he said those words, knowing they were true. But he thought wrong. As horrible as those thoughts were, it was nothing compared to the truth. 'No, Shawn, I love you. You know that. It's-'
'Cory was in an accident' Topanga said abruptly. 'What?' Shawn asked like he hadn't heard what she just said. Of course, he had heard every single word. 'Cory. Was. In. An accident' Topanga said slowly, as if reality had finally hit her. Tears sprang in Shawn's eyes. 'Where is he?' He took Topanga by her shoulders and shook her a little. 'Where is he?!' he said, this time more fiercely. 'The hospital', Katy quickly intervened. Shawn started running towards the car. His best friend. No. More like his brother. He opened the car door, took the driver's seat, and slammed the door shut. Topanga hurried after him. 'I'm not sure if you should drive', she said, 'not like this.' Even when she had broken down, she still thought everything through. Typical, intelligent Topanga. 'I'm fine', Shawn said. The harshness that had been in his voice earlier had faded and something more vulnerable had taken its place. He started the car and tore off.

It was about a twenty-minute drive to the hospital. Once the car had been parked, everyone rushed inside to find Cory. Riley, Maya and Farkle immediately went to the information desk and asked where Cory was. 'Left wing, room 27A', had been the answer. They joined Topanga, Shawn and Josh and started moving towards the room. When they got there, the door was shut. 'Can we go in?' Riley asked. Topanga gave a light knock on the door. No answer. Shawn shoved her away and punched it like he was in a boxing competition and the door was his rival. A doctor showed up this time. 'Would you mind not breaking down our hospital?' he said to Shawn, whose cheeks flushed. 'I need to see him!' Shawn said, pointing at the room. 'You can't. Not yet. You can take a seat in the waiting area until he's allowed visitors. 'And how long will that take?' Topanga asked impatiently. Patience was something she had always valued, but now? Now all she thought about was getting to her husband as quickly as possible. 'I'm not sure. But I promise you, you will get to see him soon.' 'How soon is soon?' Maya had wanted to ask, but the doctor had already gone back inside and shut the door behind him. 'What do we do now?' Riley asked, looking at the closed door with the sign 'Room 27A' on it. 'For now, we wait', Farkle answered. After those words, the group went to the waiting area, still unsure about Cory's condition.

Hello everyone :)  This is the new chapter of Girl Meets Hawaii, I hope you enjoyed reading it(enjoy is a big word, if you look at the content - Cory in a hospital isn't really the greatest thing to read). And what do you guys think is up with Josh? Is it just sadness about his brother's accident or is there more to it? I want to thank all of you for reading my story and all of your support. And again, a special thank-you to those who have been voting on previous chapters, it really means a lot to me! :D  I wish you all a great morning/afternoon/evening/night, wherever you are!

Love,