Girl Meets the Journey

When Josh and Maya returned to the mansion, Farkle was already waiting on them in the living room. 'Hi', he said, 'How was your date?' He noticed Josh and Maya's cheeks turning bright red. They still weren't fully used to the idea of the two of them ''dating''. It was so new and they sometimes still felt like before - when they didn't know about each others feelings. 'It was, um, nice', Josh said. He was still holding Maya's hand. If it was up to him, he'd never let go of it. 'Do you have any other plans?' Farkle asked curiously. 'Not really', Maya said, shrugging. 'Why?' 'I was thinking that maybe, if you and Josh didn't have any other plans to go to the beach or something like that, the two of us could hang out. Well, I mean, the two of us and Riley and Lucas. I feel like we haven't really spent all that much time with just the four of us this holiday.' Maya nodded. 'I suppose that's true.' She turned to Josh. 'If you don't mind-' 'Of course not', he said. 'Go have fun!' He smiled at her, and she returned the gesture. Maya stood on the tip of her toes and pressed her lips on his for a few seconds. 'See you later, Josh', she said. 'See you later, Maya', was the answer.

They found Lucas sitting on his room's balcony with a book in his hands. 'Ranger Rick', Maya said, giving him a small nod as a greeting. 'Hi, guys.' Farkle walked towards his best friend and leaned against Lucas' chair. 'I was wondering if you have some free time...' Lucas nodded. 'Yeah, sure, what do you have in mind?'

They waited for Riley to come back to the mansion and after that, Farkle led the group toward the beach. 'It's not that I don't want to spend time with the others, no, I really like them. It's just that we haven't been able to hang out with, you know, ''the old gang''', he said for what felt like the millionth time. It was true, though, he loved everyone in the group, but he regretted the fact that he didn't spend as much time with Riley, Maya and Lucas as he'd liked. He'd planned a special surprise for his friends. The colorful little lanterns were to be seen from a distance. They were hanging from a few palm trees. Underneath there was a big blanket, stretched out on the white sand. 'Farkle!' Riley exclaimed as soon as she noticed the venue. 'Did you do all of this?' He nodded, blushing just a little bit. 'Wow... Farkle, it's...' Maya didn't know what to say. They had reached the beach and took off their shoes before stepping into the sand. 'It's beautiful', Lucas finished for her. Farkle shrugged. 'It's nothing.' 'It's not nothing!' Riley said. She sat down on the blanket and looked up to the lights above her. Even though it wasn't dark yet, she could already see the lanterns shining brightly. She pulled Farkle next to her and rested her head on his shoulders. 'It was really sweet of you to do this', Riley said. Maya and Lucas sat down as well. 'Our journey is almost over and I wanted to do something special.' 'No, it's not', Maya suddenly said. The others were all looking at her confused. 'I mean, the journey, it's not over. All this time we've been complaining about leaving Hawaii and everything changing and ending, but... That's just... Not true. We leave Hawaii, yes, but our journey isn't over yet. In fact, it won't ever be. We go from here, and we stay friends and family. We may be in a different place than Hawaii, but that doesn't make us any different people.' Maya realized this herself as the words came out of her mouth. 'So what if we wake up to traffic noise and have to go to school instead of overlooking a beautiful island. We will still have each other and to me, that's the most important thing there is.' Riley gave her friend a hug. 'I couldn't agree with you more, Peaches', she said. Lucas and Farkle nodded. 'But that doesn't mean', Farkle said, 'we can't make tonight extra-special.' He opened the backpack he was carrying and looked for the drinks he'd brought. He gave each one of his friends a can of soda and took the last one himself. 'To a great holiday with a great family', Lucas said. 'Cheers.' Riley, Maya and Farkle repeated his words in unison and together, they stared off into the blue shimmering water.

The four friends met up with the rest of the group later that afternoon. They hadn't gotten any time to change their outfits or brush their hair back at the mansion. 'Please just don't look at me when I look like this', Maya told Josh as she was brushing some sand off of her shorts. 'Hey', Josh said, lifting her chin with his hand so he could look right into her bright eyes, 'I love you just the way you are, no matter how you look.' Maya felt her cheeks burning. Her hair was all messed up, because she and Riley had come to the awful decision of trying to make as many cartwheels as possible. Yeah, not exactly the smartest thing to do when you're about to go out for dinner. 'We shouldn't have done those cartwheels', Riley muttered. 'Why?' Lucas asked. 'Because I look like two pigeons fought over crumbs of bread on my head!' she said and she tried to fix her hair with her fingers. Lucas let out a little laugh. 'Why are you laughing?' Riley asked him. 'You have to worry less. You always look great and honestly, I think you look even cuter right now.' Riley couldn't hide her smile at her boyfriend's sweet comment. 'Thanks, Lucas', she said softly. He returned her smile. Everyone was ready to enter the restaurant they went to the evening of their arrival. And so they did.

Hi everyone :) I hope you all liked the new chapter of Girl Meets Hawaii! The story has almost come to an end and I want to thank you all so much for your support. Thanks so much for reading and a special thank-you to those who have voted on previous chapters, it really means a lot to me! I wish you all an awesome day :D

Love,