Girl Meets Staying

Riley, Maya, Lucas and Farkle stayed at the hospital for a few hours. After that, Shawn drove them back to the mansion. But not before he said goodbye to Cory and Topanga. He wanted to stay there for the night. Not only because it would allow him to be with Cory a little longer, but also because it would give Topanga the opportunity to get some rest, seeing as she'd spent the previous night at the hospital as well. But Topanga, persistent as always, put her foot down and told him she was going to stay there with Cory whether he liked it or not. But the kids had to get back to the mansion, so Shawn had no choice but to leave. He asked for a little privacy so he could talk to Cory alone. He didn't need others listening to their conversation. He wanted it to be just Cory and Shawn, like it had always been when they were little.

'So, how are you feeling?' he asked as he knelt by the hospital bed in which his friend was lying. Not answering the question, Cory simply said, 'You can sit on a chair, if you want.' Shawn shook his head. 'No, I can only stay for a few minutes, because I have to get the kids back before dinner.' 'Oh, okay.' There was a little hint of disappointment in Cory's voice, but he managed to hide it when he said his next words. 'I really am glad you're here.' 'Me too', Shawn said. 'I wouldn't have survived if I didn't woke up to all of you being here.' 'Your injuries weren't that bad!' Shawn said, laughing. But he secretly wondered if there had been a chance of Cory not surviving. He gave his friend a playful slap on the arm. 'Ouch!' Cory said. 'That hurts!' Shawn covered his mouth with his hands. 'Oh my God, Cory, I'm so sorry! I didn't think-' He stopped talking when he saw a smile spreading on Cory's face. 'I lied right in your face!' Shawn rolled his eyes, but he was happy to have a piece of the old Cory back. 'Hey, I hate to say this, but I have to go', Shawn said. 'Yeah, I get it. You need to bring the kids home.' Shawn looked a little bit sad. He wasn't ready to leave his friend yet. 'I really wish-' 'Shawn, it's fine. I understand. Thank you for taking care of them', Cory said, giving his friend a grateful look. 'It's no problem. I'm glad you're doing okay.' Cory nodded. Shawn left the room, but not before giving his friend another warm smile, which Cory returned.

After Shawn had left, Topanga entered the room. 'Topanga...' Cory said, his voice a little weak. He was tired from the long day. 'You don't have to stay here. Go home, to the kids, and get some rest.' Topanga sat down on his bed. 'I'm not going anywhere.' She took one of his hands in hers. He saw she was trying to hold back a few tears. 'Topanga, what's going on?' He suddenly sounded very concerned. 'It's just... It hurts me to see you like this. The accident... I thought it was going to be the end.' Cory brushed away a tear that was now rolling down her cheek with his free hand. 'I won't leave you. You probably wouldn't even have let me go! You'd follow me after my death and pull me back here and if I wouldn't go with you, you'd kick my ass. Topanga laughed through her tears. 'Am I really that terrible?' 'Yeah, you are', Cory said, 'but that's what I love about you.' He looked at her lovingly. 'And I love your know-it-all attitude, your idiotic actions and the annoying things you say, your over-protectiveness and the possessiveness over our kids.' Cory looked at her with one eyebrow arched up. 'I don't have that many flaws.' Topanga looked at him. 'Oh honey, that ain't even half of your flaws. I just wanted to keep it nice. But I love them. I love you', she said quickly. 'Real nice, Topanga', Cory said, even though his wife made him laugh. 'Look, like I said earlier, you really don't have to nice. It's very sweet of you, but no one's making you.' 'I'm making myself. No, that's not correct. I want to stay.' 'Why? I'm fine, I really am.' 'I know that. I want to stay so I can make sure you're fine the whole time. I want to be with you, because I care about you. I care a lot about you. We made vows and I promised to be there for you for the rest of our lives, in good and in bad times. So don't try to stop me from being here, it won't work.' Cory nodded, realizing yet again how amazing Topanga truly was. 'I love you, Topanga', he said. 'And I love you', she said, leaning down to give him a light kiss on the top of his nose. He smiled. A smiled that radiated happiness and love. Not the worst injuries in the world could take those feelings away from him. He brought one hand up to her cheek, the other one still holding her hand. 'I'm very tired', he said, fatigue suddenly washing over him. 'Do you mind if I go to sleep for a bit?' 'Not at all', Topanga said gently. She gave him a kiss on the lips and wished him goodnight. 'Goodnight, Topanga. And, please, try to take some rest yourself, too', Cory said, almost pleading. Topanga nodded. 'I will.' And after those words, Cory fell asleep.

Hello everybody :) This is the new Girl Meets Hawaii chapter, I hope you all enjoyed it! I really wanted to do a chapter centered on Corpanga and here it is :) Thanks for reading! And a special thank-you to those who have voted on previous chapters :D I hope all of you have a very lovely day!

Love,