Girl Meets First Day, Part II

'We should be leaving soon', Riley said, looking at her watch. 'It's almost noon.' Maya ran through the bedroom, while trying to put on one of her shoes. 'Wait, wait. I'm a little busy at the moment, Riles.' She lost her balance and fell face-down on the floor. She groaned and looked up. 'Why. Why in the world does this always happen to me?' Riley helped her back up. 'Riley, Maya, are you coming?' Lucas called from downstairs. 'Yeah, we'll be ready in a minute', Riley called back. 'Leave...without...me', Maya said, trying to sound dramatic. The fall didn't really hurt, but...well, it wasn't really pleasant, either. She tied her sneakers. 'Okay. I'm ready to go.' The girls met up with the rest of the group in front of the pool. 'Do you have the map?' Josh asked Farkle. 'Of course.' He showed the map to the group and then folded it back to its original state so it fitted in his pocket. They took off.

Vanessa and Zay walked at the front, holding hands. After yesterday, they kind of were a couple. It wasn't official yet, but it probably would be soon. Riley and Josh were talking together and behind them were Lucas, Maya and Farkle. 'Guys, we have to turn right in about two hundred meters.' Vanessa gave him a thumbs up, so he knew they heard what he'd said. They decided to take a break after two hours or so. The walk required lots of energy. Josh, who was carrying a backpack, took some energy bars and started handing them to the rest of the group. 'Thanks', Maya said as he handed her one, desperately trying to avoid his blue eyes. 'Has everyone got something to eat?' he asked. Everyone nodded. He sat down next to Lucas. They were sitting on a log. 'I'm so tired', Vanessa said, panting. 'Me too', Farkle said. He frowned. 'You're a cheerleader. Shouldn't you be in better shape?'
Riley gasped. 'Farkle!' she exclaimed. Lucas shook his head. 'You do not say something like that to a girl.' Vanessa just smiled. 'I don't mind. And Farkle, I stopped cheerleading about a month after Zay left Texas.' They ate the rest of their bars in silence. 'Shall we continue our trail?' Riley asked. The others agreed. Lucas offered her a hand and she took it, standing up from the log. Then, she quickly let go, thanked him and gave him a warm smile. 'What do you think of Hawaii so far?' she asked Lucas. 'I really like it. The nature is just...I don't have any words for it. Although 'incredible' does a pretty good job at describing it.'

After another fifteen minutes of walking, their path was blocked by a river. It had clear water. 'Ahh, just what I wanted', Maya said as she knelt down by the water. She made a cup of her hands and threw water in her face. 'It's too warm out here', she complained. 'We should've brought ice-cream.' Josh laughed. 'How would you have done that? I mean, it would probably have melted already.' Maya pouted. 'That doesn't matter', she said, 'in my world, it's possible.' Josh smiled. Riley joined her best friend. 'Will we be able to cross the river?' Farkle looked at the map. 'According to this map, we must follow the trail and the trail says we have to cross it.' They looked at the running water and thought for a moment. 'There are enough rocks to cross it safely.' Josh went first, followed by Zay and Vanessa, Maya, Lucas and then Riley. Farkle still stood at the other side of the river. 'Guys, you can go on without me. I don't think I can do this.' Riley said: 'You can do it, Farkle. It's just a little jump to the first rock. I know you can do it.' Lucas jumped back to where Farkle was standing. 'Come on, I'll help you', he said, taking his friend by the hand. 'You go first', he said. 'I'll make sure you won't fall.' As soon as they were all across the river, the journey continued. 'It's almost 4 p.m.', Riley said. 'We should go back.' 'But we haven't finished the trail yet. It ends at a tiny restaurant and I don't see it yet.' 'If we don't go back now, we probably won't reach the mansion before it gets dark.' Everybody agreed to return to their holiday home. They had to cross the river again, but this time Farkle wasn't afraid anymore. He even decided to go second - after Josh, who insisted on going first, since he was the one who was supposed to make sure they were safe. After all, he made a promise to Cory. Zay and Vanessa followed, and Lucas and Riley were closely behind. They walked on for half an hour without any trouble. Or at least, that was what they thought. Lucas was telling Riley stories of his past. 'Maya has got to hear this!' she said, laughing. She turned around, expecting to see her best friend. Riley's jaw dropped. 'No, this can't be true.' Her eyes widened with shock. 'Maya!' she shouted. The rest immediately turned around. Josh walked up to his niece. 'What happened?' he said. But Riley couldn't answer. She had turned around and what she'd seen was...nothing. Maya was gone.

Hey everybody! Thank you for reading this chapter of Girl Meets Hawaii :) I'm not sure when I'll be able to right the next one. Hopefully soon. Again, thanks for reading and feel free to write a comment below!

Love,