Girl Meets Confessions

Josh was walking away from his bedroom. He felt so angry with Maya. Why did she have to keep lying? Her attempt to 'not hurt him' hadn't worked. Even though it was a warm afternoon, he took his coat and went out the door. 'Where are you going?' he heard someone say. Josh turned around. It had been Vanessa's voice. 'I'm just going for a short walk. To clear my mind and stuff.' He then remembered Vanessa didn't know about the fight and mentally scolded himself. 'Clear your mind from what?' she asked, frowning. 'Nothing, er-  I've just been worrying about college a lot lately.' Great. Now he was the one lying. 'Ah, I see', Vanessa said, 'and do any of these ''college problems'' happen to involve a girl with long blonde hair, who is currently upstairs crying her eyes out, because you had a fight?' She air-quoted college problems. 'Nope, they don't. See you later.' He started to walk away again, but Vanessa grabbed his arm. 'Vanessa, can you please let go of me? Everything's fine.' 'Really? Then why is Maya crying? What did you do?' Josh clenched his fists. 'I did nothing! She's the one trying to- Never mind.' Vanessa led him towards the couch and they sat down. 'You know', she started saying, 'I may not be a part of your tight group of friends, but I do see when something's going on. And to me, this whole situation is clear. You like her.' Josh didn't bother asking who ''her'' was. He already knew. Probably everybody did. 'How'd you know?' He actually was kind of curious about how Vanessa had figured it out. 'The look in your eyes when you see her gives it away. It reminds me of how I feel when I see Zay.' She thought about the kiss they'd shared earlier that day, but shook it off. She had to focus on Josh and Maya. 'Doesn't matter anyway. She doesn't care. She made it pretty clear that she doesn't want to have me around.' Vanessa brushed a strand of hair back. 'Oh my god, Josh, you're such an idiot.' She gave him a light smack on the back of his head. 'What was that for?' 'Because you're so stupid.' He looked confused. 'Why are you slapping me and calling me stupid? What's next, killing me with a kitchen knife?' 'Ugh, boys are so oblivious! It's so obvious! Maya's always blushing when she's near you and she wants to avoid being around you.' Josh shrugged. 'So?' 'So it means she's into you! Come on, Josh, I thought you were smarter than this!' Josh looked at her, dumbfounded. 'She... she likes me?' 'Yes! Now, go up there and tell her how you feel', she said, pointing at the stairs. 'But what if she doesn't like me? Did she tell you she does?' 'No, but I know it's true.' She saw that Josh was in conflict with himself. 'You'll never find out if you don't try.' Vanessa took his hand and pulled him up. At that moment, Zay entered the room. 'Hey, hey, hey', he said, looking at Vanessa and Josh holding hands. 'Bad timing', Vanessa murmured. 'What are you doing with my girlfriend', he said angrily. Josh eyes' widened. 'This is not what it looks li-' He stopped himself and repeated Zay's words in his mind. 'Girlfriend? So you're officially a thing?' Vanessa couldn't hide a smile and she looked at the ground shyly. 'Yeah, we are. And don't you dare come between that. You maybe taller and older and probably twice as strong, but I'm gonna kick your ass if you do.' Josh laughed. 'Don't worry. Vanessa was just giving me some advice. Really good advice. Thanks by the way', he said to Vanessa. Zay still looked at him, threatening. 'But you're boyfriend and girlfriend now? That's great.' Zay's expression softened. 'Really?' 'Yeah, man, I'm happy for you.' Josh gave him a pat on the shoulder and then walked up the stairs.

Josh knocked on the bedroom door. Technically, it was his room, but he did it anyway. No answer. He could hear Maya sniffing. Another knock. 'Who's there?' she said in a weak voice. Josh opened the door. 'It's me.' Maya sighed. 'If you're hear to give me another lecture about how I shouldn't be lying - even if you have no clue why I did it - then you might as well leave. 'I'm not going anywhere.' He sat down next to her on the bed. 'Please tell me why', he said in a soft voice. Maya shook her head. 'I told you, I can't. And why do you even care?' Maya looked him in the eyes. 'I... I just do', he said. 'See, you're not exactly being clear as well. So why expect me to tell you everything?' 'Please, Maya. Just tell me.' 'No, I already told you, I-' 'Then let me try to fill in the blanks', Josh interrupted her. He smoothed her hair with his hand and leaned towards her. Before Maya could react, she felt the softness of his lips pressing against hers. After she recovered from her initial shock, she felt herself relaxing. After a minute or so, they pulled away. 'Wow...' she said. 'That was, um, unexpected.' She gave him a little smile. 'A good unexpected?' he asked. 'Yes. Definitely.' 'Why didn't you just tell me you liked me?' 'And be rejected and laughed at? No thank you.'
'Maya, I like you.'

'You do?' she asked slowly. 'Yes. Why would I have kissed you if I didn't?' 'True, but still... How did you know I had feelings for you? Do you just assume everyone thinks you're amazing?' she joked. He laughed. 'Do you think I'm amazing?' 'Um, what, no, I mean yes, no wait, what?' Maya said awkwardly. He put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close. He thought she looked beautiful. She had bloodshot eyes from the crying and her mascara was running down her face, but she still looked beautiful. He wiped a tear away from her cheek. 'I really like you, Maya. I've been meaning to tell you, but I thought you didn't feel the same way. And then Vanessa helped me and now I'm here, holding you and I'm so grateful for this very moment.' 'I really like you, too. I promise, that was the only reason I didn't want to go on that trip with you. You make me... I don't know... scared? I'm afraid I say something stupid or act dumb when I'm with you, because I really, really like you.' Without saying anything, they both leaned in for another kiss.

Hi again everyone :) This is the new chapter of Girl Meets Hawaii. I hope you all liked it. I wanted to make Vanessa an important character, because she only appeared once in the show and has only been mentioned a few times. And I really like her and Zay together. And as you have read, Joshaya is real! It's not quite sure yet if they will be boyfriend and girlfriend, but they finally revealed their true feelings for each other. Thanks for reading and thanks to those who have been voting :) See you next update!

Love,