Girl Meets Car

'I'm so happy for her', Riley said. She and Lucas were walking alongside the ocean. A day had passed since the proposal and after the reunion everyone went their own ways. Lucas had asked Riley if she wanted to go to the beach and she had said yes. The others were back at the mansion, except for Josh, who was going for a long hike. Maya had wanted to come with him and even though her injuries had healed quite well, she wasn't ready for long walks any time soon. Just as well, since she now got to spend some time with her soon-to-be father. Riley looked at the ocean, admiring the shimmer the sun had created. Lucas nodded. 'Same. I've never seen her this happy.' 'Yeah, me neither', Riley admitted. 'I mean, I've seen her being happy dozens of times, but... this is a whole new level.' She and Lucas had been holding hands for almost half an hour. At first, it made Riley nervous, but after a while she actually felt comfortable. Well, she still had a flutter in her stomach, but that had been there ever since she'd first met Lucas at the subway. Subway-boy. That was what her and Maya had called him at first. 'What are you thinking about?' Riley was interrupted from her thoughts. 'Nothing', she quickly said. And so they walked on.

But that wasn't for long. After a while, Lucas suddenly stopped. 'What's wrong?' Riley asked him. 'Nothing's wrong', he answered. 'Then why'd you stop?' Lucas put his hands in the pockets of his pants and looked at the ground. It was obvious he's nervous. 'Lucas, say something! What's going on?' Lucas took a deep breath. 'See, er, I'm... Well... Oh, gosh, this is hard.' Riley put one hand on his shoulder and looked him in the eyes. Even though it was meant to comfort him, he only seemed to get more and more nervous. 'Okay, here goes. As you know, Zay and Vanessa are now a couple, Maya and Josh are getting together and Farkle has Smackle. And now everyone is talking about Shawn and Katy getting married and it got me thinking...'

Riley's eyes widened with shock. 'Oh dear God, you're not going to propose, are you?' Lucas let out a nervous laugh. 'Of course not, silly', he said. 'But I realized that if you like a person - you know, really, really  like - you shouldn't wait. You have to fight for it and go for it, and that's why-' He paused mid-sentence to get down on one knee. He took something out of his pocket - a little box. And, as Riley gawked at him, he opened the box. 'Riley Matthews, will you be my girlfriend?' Inside the box was a golden charm bracelet. It only had one charm on it - a car. He saw Riley staring at it and explained: 'I wanted the charm to be our first meeting, but they didn't have a subway-charm, so I figured a car would do as well. I know, it's stupid. 'Yes!' Riley exclaimed. Lucas looked at the ground. 'I know. It was foolish of me to think that it could replace the-' 'No, not that', Riley said. 'I mean: yes, I'd like to be your girlfriend!' 'Really?' Lucas said. He couldn't keep himself from smiling. Riley nodded. 'Yes, really.' Lucas took the bracelet out of the box and put it on Riley's wrist. He stood up and offered Riley his arm. She took it and as they walked away, they heard someone shout. 'Beautiful!' Zay ran up to the new couple and he pretended to wipe away a tear. Oh no, Lucas thought.

Hello :) This is the new chapter, I hope you liked it!

Love,