Girl Meets Fear

''I want to marry your mother.'' Those exact words had been haunting Maya for the past five minutes. She had gone outside after telling Shawn she needed to think about it. She didn't feel like thinking about anything, really. Her whole life had changed in - what, five seconds? She was sitting on a bench outside, looking at the flowers, without really noticing them. Beautiful flowers. Beautiful island. Beautiful holiday. And now, none of that seemed to matter to her. She had always wished for a father, yet she didn't feel on top of the world now that she finally had the chance to really have one. She heard footsteps coming her way and looked up. 'Josh, I really don't want to talk, right now. Can you please go back inside?' she pleaded. He sat down beside her. 'Not before you tell me why you just ran out and you're looking like you're seeing ghosts.' Maya sighed. 'Your whole family is inside. I'm in a bad mood. 'Yet somehow you're still willing to sit here with me?' She put emphasize on the word 'me'. 'I care about you, Maya. Will you please tell me what's going on?' 'Shawn wants to marry my mom.' She looked miserable when she said it. Josh looked surprised. 'Really? I mean, it's obvious they like each other a lot, but... Wait. Why is this a bad thing? You love Shawn.' 'Yeah, I do, that's not it.' Josh put his arm around her shoulder. 'Then what is it? You can tell me.' 'I- I can't', Maya said. She felt the sting of tears in her eyes. 'Maya, I'd like to be the person you feel comfortable sharing your problems with. I want to be the guy who helps you when you need it, your safe haven. But if you aren't ready to tell me yet, I understand.' He looked at her sympathetically. 'It's...' Maya looked down. 'It's not that I don't want a father. I always wanted someone to come home to, someone who would ask how my day was or who would help me with my homework. Someone who'd carry me on his shoulders and toss me in the water when we're in the ocean. Someone who calls me his little girl or his little princess or whatever nickname - it doesn't matter. My father left me. It's not that I'm afraid that Shawn will be in my life. I'm afraid he's going to leave.' Josh didn't know what to say. 'Maya...' She looked him right in the eyes. 'Don't', she said. 'Please just don't say anything.' He nodded. She rested her head on his shoulder. 'Maya? Josh? Are you there?' they heard someone call. A few moments later, Topanga walked up to them. 'Where were you guys? We missed you.' Maya dried the tears on her cheek with her sleeve. 'Um, I was...' 'We needed some fresh air', Josh came to her rescue. Maya nodded. Topanga looked at them for a few seconds. Josh quickly pulled his arm away. He cleared his throat. 'We'll be right inside.' 'Okay', Topanga said. 'It's nice to see you again, by the way', Josh said. 'Yes, I'm really happy to see you too.' Maya didn't know if she saw it right, but she thought she saw a hint of a smile on Topanga's face when she saw Josh with his arm around her. She'd never know, because Topanga walked back inside. 'You okay?' Josh asked her. There was a lost tear rolling down her cheek. He brushed it away with his hand. 'I'm fine. Thank you.' He raised his eyebrows. 'For what?' 'Nothing. Everything. Staying.' He took her in his arms. 'Maya, I want you to know I would never, ever leave you.' Maya stood on her toes and gave him a kiss on the cheek. They walked back inside again to join the others.

Maya looked at her mother and Shawn. They were laughing. She could see their sparkling eyes. This wasn't just about her. Her mom deserved to be happy. After all they'd been through, both of them needed some luck. Shawn made her mom happy.
She made a decision and walked up to him. She tapped on his shoulder. 'Can I borrow you for a second?' Shawn looked at Katy. 'I'll be right back', he told her and he followed Maya back into the kitchen. 'So, um, have you thought about-' 'Shush', Maya silenced him. 'I'm gonna speak and you need to listen. Shawn sat down in one of the kitchen chairs. 'Over the past few months, you've become like a father to me. You didn't have to spend time with me or buy me all those clothes. I still don't really know why you did all of that.' 'It's because I'm very fond of you.' 'Shush. Like I said, you're like a father to me and... I'd like you to be my dad. For real.' Shawn's eyes widened with surprise. 'Really? You would?' Maya nodded. A smile slowly started spreading on her face. He opened his arms and she ran into them. 'I'm so glad, Maya. And I meant it, I'm very fond of you.' Maya nodded. 'I'm very fond of you too... Dad.'

Hi everybody! I hope you all liked the new chapter :) I know there have been lots of Joshaya-chapters lately and not really much of the other ships. But I can tell you that I will be writing a Rucas-chapter soon. Thank you so much for voting on the previous chapters and thanks for reading!

*SPOILER WARNING*

And, well, last Friday I released the Girl Meets Surprise-chapter in which Shawn tells Maya he wants to propose to her mother. A few hours later, the new Girl Meets World episode came out and as it turns out, Shawn actually proposed to Katy!! I didn't know any of this and was very surprised to see it happen. And I'm really happy about it :)
 What did you think of the proposal?

Love,