Girl Meets Flight

The next three hours passed by without any of them noticing. Time flies when you're talking to your friends. Riley unbuckled her seat belt and stood up. 'I'm gonna go to the restroom. I'll be right back.' As she walked away, Zay and Lucas started whispering. Zay asked something to his friend. 'No, I don't know when.' Lucas said. 'Hey', Maya said after a while. 'What are you guys talking about that is so secret that we aren't allowed to hear it.' 'Nothing', Lucas said quickly. Maya raised an eyebrow. 'Well, Lucas here-' 'Don't, Zay! I might tell you some other time, Maya, but not right now.' 'Tell her what?' Riley returned. 'Er...nothing, Riley.' Riley made a puppy face. 'Aw come on, you have to tell us!' Maya exclaimed. 'Maya! It's his secret. Lucas will tell us whenever he's ready.' Riley sat down. 'Thank you, Riley', Lucas said and he smiled at her. 'No problem.' She returned his smile.

'Hey, Farkle, could I swap places with you? I want to talk to Riley.' 'Sure, Maya.' He stood up and Josh did the same so Maya could pass. 'Thanks, guys.' 'Hi Peaches!' Riley said enthusiastically, like she hadn't seen her best friend for years. 'Hello there, Riles', Maya greeted her. 'Long time no see.' Riley laughed. 'It's actually been', she looked at her watch, 'two minutes.' 'Ah well, same difference.' Maya shrugged. 'What did you want to talk to me about?' 'Nothing in particular. I just wanted to chat.' Riley sat up straight. 'What do you want to do when we get there?' Maya thought for a moment. 'Maybe explore a little or...is there a pool in the yard of the mansion?' 'Yes there is.' A grin spread on Maya's face. 'Or...we could explore the pool!' The girls imagined themselves in a large pool, while enjoying the sun. 'That's a great idea', Riley agreed. They continued planning the rest of the day until Riley started feeling tired. 'Hey Maya, I'm going to sleep for a bit if that's okay with you.' 'Sure, Riley. We still have a long flight ahead of us.' She took her iPod and listened to a few songs, until she fell asleep herself. When she woke up, she found herself resting her head against Josh's shoulder. Luckily, he was asleep as well. She hoped he hadn't noticed. She looked at the other end of the aisle to where Riley was sitting. She was sound asleep and had Lucas' coat draped over her like a blanket. Lucas and Zay were talking quietly so that Riley wouldn't wake up. Maya saw Lucas glance at Riley a few times. They were cute together, Maya thought. She also made a mental note to tell Riley what she'd just seen. Suddenly, a voice said through the whole plane: 'We'll be arriving soon. Please fasten your seat belts and prepare for landing.' Maya looked at Riley again. 'Riles', she hissed. 'Wake up!' 'Mmmm...what?' 'WAKE UP!' Riley opened her eyes. 'Wha-what, why?' 'We'll be landing soon', Maya explained. 'Oh... O! Yes, we're almost on Hawaii. Oh my God, I am so excited. I can hardly wait.' 'Lady, please fasten your seat belt', a flight attendant who was passing by said. 'Oh right, I will, sir.' Riley did as she was told. 'Let's count down from ten', she suggested as the plane was approaching land. 'Ten', Maya said. 'Nine' Riley continued. 'Eight.' 'Seven.' 'Six.' 'Five.' 'Four.' 'Three. Oh no, I actually don't want to land. I can't be a bird and I'm scared!' Two had already passed. 'One!' the group exclaimed. Everyone had said the word at the same time and the plane had hit the airstrip. The passengers applauded the pilot for the excellent flight and then they were ready to go. The adventure could finally begin...