Girl Meets Phone Call

Riley dialed her Mom and Dad's number. She had to wait for a while until Cory finally picked up.

'Cory Matthews speaking', she heard on the other end of the line.

R: 'Hi dad! It's me, Riley!'

C: 'Oh hi, sweetie! How's Hawaii been treating you?'

R: 'Oh dad, it's great out here! There are beautiful flowers and cute little birds. And oh my God, the sunset! I have never seen anything more beautiful in my entire life.' Well, maybe the sight of Lucas, but she certainly wasn't going to tell her dad that.
'So anyway, how is everything at home?'

C: 'Same as usual. Your mom's busy with work and I keep teasing her about the fact that I have holiday already and then she gets mad.'

Riley laughed. Typically her Mom and Dad. 'And Auggie?' she asked.

C: 'He's doing fine as well. He's spending a lot of time with Ava, so we're out of cheese all the time. That kid is like a mouse!'
'How are the others doing? Is Josh doing his job keeping you safe?'

R: 'Everybody's great and yes, dad, he's doing his job.'

C: 'I'm glad to hear. I hope he's keeping the boys and girls a little bit separated. And with a little bit I mean a lot.'

Riley felt a little awkward. Josh was the one kissing Maya, so yeah, he wasn't really keeping them apart. But she couldn't say that as well. 'Yes, Dad.'

C: 'Good. And Lucas? I hope that guy isn't sticking around you like he's a kind of parasite.'

R: 'Dad, it's fine. Do you want to talk to him? I can just hand him the phone.'

C: 'He's sitting next to you?!'

R: 'Um, well... kinda.'

C: 'Where?'

R: 'Just in my room.'

C: 'Oh good God, please tell me you're not sitting on the bed with him?'

Riley looked at Lucas, not knowing what to say. She felt embarrassed that he had to hear what her father had just said. She remained silent.

C: 'Oh great, that's where it all starts. First, staring at each other in the classroom. Then, innocently hold hands and next thing you know I'm a grandpa!'

R: 'Dad!'

C: 'Lucas.'

R: 'What?'

C: 'Hand. The phone. To Lucas.'

Cory could hear Lucas say 'I want to go back to my momma' in the background. Good, he thought, let the kid be afraid.

L: 'Hi, Mr. Matthews.'

C: 'Don't go all ''Hi, Mr. Matthews'' on me. You know what you did.'

L: 'I do not, sir.'

C: 'Do I have to explain everything to you teens?' He growled.

Riley shot Lucas a sympathetic look, gave him a pat on the shoulder and then ran out of the room.

Cory continued talking. 'I do not want you in a 5-inch range of my daughter. Actually, I prefer to not have you in a 5-mile range of her, but I figure that won't be happening since you're staying in the same mansion. The same mansion, not the same room, let that be clear!'

L: 'Yes, sir. I won't stay in her room anymore.'

C: 'You- You stayed in her room?'

L: 'No, that's not what I mean. I meant during the day and-'

C: 'Oh, I know what you meant. Don't make me come to Hawaii and kick your Texan butt, because I will!'

L: 'Sir, with all due respect, I don't think you could-'

C: 'Oh, but I could! I'm stronger than you think. I'm like a lion!' He made a roaring noise into the phone.

L: 'Um... I don't know what to say now. I kind of feel uncomfortable.'

C: 'Let's end this conversation then. Just get your handsome face out of my daughter's sight and I won't be bothering you anymore.'

'Cory, what are you doing?' Lucas heard someone say in the background. 'Er... nothing, Topanga.' 'Lucas, if you can hear me, I hope you enjoy your holiday and don't let this idiot ruin it.' She gave Cory a light slap on his head. 'Ouch!' Topanga walked off.

L: 'Like a lion.'

Lucas snickered.

C: 'Well... I... I mean... Oh, just stop talking! I'll say it just one more time: at least a 5-inch range.'

L: 'I'll try. Well, I've got to go now. Riley and I are just about to go to for a walk on the- I mean, um, Riley and I and the rest of the group.'

C: 'That sounds a lot better. I'm watching you, you know that.'

L: 'How could you be possibly watching me, sir?'

C: 'It's a matter of speaking. Goodbye, Lucas.'

L: 'Goodbye, Mr. Matthews.'

-click-

This isn't a regular chapter as you can see. It does take place during their holidays, but it's a individual chapter. I wanted to bring Cory into the story(yes, that rhymes), because I like his character. I hope you liked it!

Love,