Girl Meets Trouble

She was soaked from the ocean water, felt even more cold now, and yet it felt like Riley had never been this happy before. After ten minutes of war between her and Lucas - which existed of splashing water at each other and pushing the other one underwater - they were tired and just floated. 'This is so peaceful', Riley sighed. 'Because we've come to a truce?' 'No, you silly. I mean the water. How we float and softly sway with the waves and look up at the sky.' Lucas laughed. 'Why are you laughing?' Riley turned her head around to look at him, but in the process she went underwater and when she came up, she spit the salty water out of her mouth. 'Ew', she said. 'I wasn't laughing at you, but I laughed because I think what you said was beautiful. I like how you're such a romantic.' Riley tried to look annoyed, but she actually was kind of pleased with the compliment. 'Because of that my throat has to pay', she said, feeling the ache the salt water had caused. 'Do you want some water?' Lucas asked kindly. 'I mean fresh water', he added when he saw the puzzled look on Riley's face. 'Yes, please', she said. Lucas took her hand and they returned to shore. They soon reached the spot they had deposited their bags and Lucas took a bottle of water out of his backpack and gave it to Riley. 'Thanks', she said, while twisting the cap off. 'No problem.' The two of them sat down on the blanket Riley had sat on with Evan earlier. Riley rested her head on Lucas' shoulder, looking at the ocean. 'Lucas?' 'Yes?' Riley hesitated a few seconds before speaking, but she finally decided to go on with what she'd been wanting to ask. 'What do you think is going to happen to us when we go back to our normal lives?' Lucas arched an eyebrow. 'What do you mean?'  'What I mean is: what will become of us as a couple once we're back to New York. To our old school, to our old homes, and to our old lives.' Lucas pressed Riley closer to him. 'I'm not sure. I can't be one hundred percent sure. But I have faith in us. I think we'll be fine.' Riley nodded. That wasn't exactly what she wanted to hear, but she knew he was right. 'Yeah', she said, 'we'll be fine.'
At that moment, someone sat down on the sand next to Riley and Lucas.

'Hi', Evan said. 'I'm back again.' Lucas faked a smile, trying to hide his annoyance. 'Yes, I can see that.' 'Oh, was I interrupting something?' Evan said, looking at how Riley's head was still on Lucas' shoulders. Before Lucas could say anything, Riley exclaimed, 'Of course not!' Evan smiled at Riley. He didn't even look at Lucas. 'About our date...' he began. 'Date?' Lucas interrupted him. He gave Evan an angry look before turning to Riley. 'Care to explain yourself?' Riley's eyes widened with shock. 'Yes. No. I mean, it's not a date. We were just going for a walk or something like that. As friends ', she added, dreading Lucas' reaction. But he didn't respond. 'You can come with us, if you want', Riley suggested. 'He can come with us, right?' she asked Evan, who wasn't really happy about that idea. 'Sure', he said, trying to sound enthusiastic. Lucas glanced at him and saw the guy didn't want him there. He probably wanted some alone-time with Riley so he could make a move on her. 'I will be there', Lucas said, giving Evan a deathly glare, which he returned. 'Great, that's settled then!' Riley said, obviously not picking up the tension between the two boys. 'Can't wait', Evan said, without ever taking his eyes off Lucas. 'Me neither', Lucas replied. 'Now, if you would excuse us, we are having a date', he said to Evan. 'I didn't mean to cause any problems or interruptions', Evan said innocently. He took off. 'Why did you have to be so rude to him?' Riley asked. 'I wasn't.' Riley raised her eyebrows in a way that said, Are you serious? Lucas shrugged. 'Let's just forgot about him for a while. Just you and me', he said while taking Riley's hand. 'Just you and me', she repeated. She smiled at him.

Hi everybody :) Here's the new Girl Meets Hawaii chapter! I hope you liked it! The new boy is causing more and more trouble. What will happen on his ''date'' with Riley and Lucas? Thank you all so much for reading! And thanks to those who have been voting on previous chapters. I just saw the story has hit 50K views, and I'm so happy! It really means a lot to me :D Thank you all so much for your support! I wish you all a very lovely day!

Love,