Girl Meets Zip-Line

It felt like the first week of their holiday was over in a blink. Even though they still had two more weeks, it felt like their trip was coming to an end way too soon. 'Okay, you guys', Riley said after almost ten minutes of silence. She didn't like the way everyone seemed depressed by how fast their holiday was going. 'We have been on Hawaii for a week now, a great week, yes, and even though we've had loads a fun - and a few things that weren't that great - we haven't done anything yet if you think about it. Yes, we went for long walks and yes, we visited the beach, but we can do those things almost anywhere! So I though of an awesome plan.' She clapped in her hands. Lucas looked up to her, expectantly, but the others didn't bother listening. 'Oh come on, you guys! We still have two more weeks left. We still have more than half of our vacation and there's no way I'm spending the next days all sad and depressed.' 'Yeah!' Lucas said and he punched his hand in the air. Still no reaction. Riley shot him a grateful smile anyway. 'Anyway, I think we should go, wait for it... Zip-lining!' This time, Maya lifted her head. 'Did you say whining? 'Cause I'd love to do some of that. We are gonna go home soon and I don't wanna leave and-' Riley covered her friend's mouth with her hand until she stopped talking. 'Zip-lining it is!' she said. No one was sharing her enthusiasm. She rose from her chair and pulled Maya with her. 'Come on, Peaches!' She had to practically drag Maya to their room, but they got there and she got her friend to change into a couple of shorts and a brown tank top. Maya also put on a green jacket. Riley was wearing shorts as well, but with a pink tank top. She pulled her long hair into a ponytail and put on her hiking shoes. 'You ready?' she asked Maya. Maya was too busy tying her shoe laces to answer. She didn't really look like she was ready. 'Please, Maya, a little bit more enthusiasm wouldn't hurt. I was really looking forward to doing this together, but you're all  sad and depressed for no reason and it's not only ruining your day, but mine as well! And I want us all to have great memories of this journey. I don't want to go back to New York and ask myself what I've done this entire time on Hawaii, because right now, the answer is: nothing.' She prepared herself for another moment of silence, but to her surprise, Maya looked up and said: 'I'm sorry, Riles. You're right. We have so much time left and what better way to spend a day on Hawaii zip-lining?' Riley nodded. 'That's what I'm talking about!' The girls walked downstairs, laughing. They were excited to go zip-lining.

Everybody gathered in the living room. They stood in a circle and Maya was in the center. 'People', she spoke, 'I know we haven't been too excited to do anything really, but this is out vacation! Our adventure. We have to make it the best two weeks possible. Who's with me?' Everyone rose their hands and after a few more words of Maya, they took off.

'It's another beautiful day!' Riley said when they got outside and saw the clear blue sky. 'Sure thing' Zay said. He and Vanessa were holding hands. Riley was wondering whether he meant the sky was beautiful or if he had been talking about Vanessa. They look cute together, she thought. She looked at Lucas, who was looking at her too. Don't overthink it, Riley, she told herself. She took a deep breath, walked up to Lucas and took his hand. He looked pleasantly surprised. Maya, Farkle and Josh followed the two couples. 'If you want some privacy and hold hands, I can just go', Farkle offered. 'It's okay, buddy. Stay', Josh said. As much as he wanted to be alone with Maya, he didn't want Farkle to be all by himself. And he liked the guy. Maya nodded. 'Yeah, stay with us.' Farkle smiled and muttered a thank-you. They had to walk for about twenty minutes until they reached the top of a hill - the place where the zip-line started. They had to split up in pairs. 'You guys, I, um, haven't really told you this before, but I'm kind of really scared of heights', Farkle said. He looked scared. 'You'll be fine', Riley said. 'It's completely safe, Farkle.' 'It's scientifically not possible for a zip-line to be one hundred percent safe.' Riley took one of his hands. 'Nothing will happen to you. I won't let anything happen, okay?' He nodded. 'If you really don't want to, I'm not gonna push you to do it. I just want you to know you are going to be fine.' She shot him a smile. Vanessa stepped closer to Farkle. 'Riley's right. You know what? Let's go together! We'll be the first of this group to have ever zip-lined.' 'Actually, I have-' Josh started, but Vanessa interrupted him. 'We'll be the first ones to have zip-lined on Hawaii.' She took his hand and they walked to the instructor. After they were safely fastened to the belts and straps, they were ready to go. 'Remember, Farkle, you'll be fine', Vanessa reassured him. He nodded. 'Do you want me to hold your hand?' she asked him kindly. 'Say what now?' Zay said, taking a step closer to Farkle and his girlfriend. The instructor pushed him back. Vanessa shot Zay an annoyed look. ''Kay, it's cool, whatever', he said, not pleased with Farkle holding hands with her. After the two of them were off, it was Zay's turn. 'So, I guess I'll be going on my own, then.' Riley shook her head. 'No. You can go with Lucas.' Lucas, who actually planned on him and Riley going together, looked surprised. 'Really?' 'Yeah, sure.' He was about to agree, but then said: 'No, wait. It's you who wanted to go zip-lining in the first place, so you shouldn't go alone. Go with Zay.' They didn't notice that Zay was gesturing something to the instructor. 'Adios, my friends', Zay said as he flew away on the zip-line and he waved.. Riley and Lucas looked at their friend. 'We should definitely pay more attention', Lucas said and Riley agreed. 'Who's next?' the instructor asked. 'If it's okay, I'd rather go with Riley', Josh said to Maya. 'Not that I don't want to go with you, but I promised to protect her and she's my niece, so it would be kind of a nice family moment.' Maya nodded. 'That's okay.' Josh gave her a grateful look and then asked Lucas if he could go with her, to which he agreed as well. 'Here we go, niece!' he said. He and Riley held hands, while they raced through the air. After a while, they let go of each other and threw their hands in the air, screaming of joy. Lucas and Maya followed quickly after them. 'Ready, Huckleberry? On the count of three. One, two, THREEEEEE!' she shouted as they were pushed by the instructor. 'Weeehoooo!'

They had all arrived safely and were now back on the ground. 'That was totally awesome!' Maya exclaimed. Everyone agreed. 'We have to do this again some time soon', Riley said. They walked away from the zip-line, ready to go to a restaurant and get some food. They were talking and re-experiencing the beautiful sights of Hawaii they'd had while coasting through the air. 'This is the best holiday ever', Farkle said. And again, everyone agreed.

Hello! Or should I say aloha? :) This isn't really a Rucas- or Joshaya-chapter. I didn't want it to be. Girl Meets World is mostly about friendship and family and even though I love the couples, I wanted this part of the story to be about friendship too. I realized there has never been a Farkle and Vanessa part. I think those two could be great friends, so I gave them their (non-romantic) moment. I hope you liked this chapter. I have a great surprise coming soon, but you'll have to wait a little longer. I'm not going to tell you what it is, but I'll give you a hint: I meant it when I said I want this story to be about friendship and family. What do you think the big surprise is?

Thank you all so much for reading and voting!

Love,