Girl Meets I Love You

As Maya ran up the stairs, she bumped into Riley. 'Wha- Maya where are you going?' Lucas took her arm and took her downstairs. 'What are you doing?' she asked. 'Just... leave Maya alone for a while. She's got something... to take care of.' Riley frowned. 'And you're not supposed to tell me? I mean, she's my best friend. I'm sure she'd want me to know whatever it is she's doing.' 'I'll explain, but you can't tell anyone. Promise me.' 'I promise. What is all of this about?' Lucas started narrating the story.

In the meanwhile...

'Josh?' Maya said softly, while she knocked on his bedroom door. 'Seriously, Maya? Can I have a minute alone time?' Maya opened the door. 'No, you can't', she said. Josh sighed loudly. 'Don't act like that', Maya said. 'Act like what?' 'Annoyed and tired of listening to some little girl.' Josh scratched his nose. 'I'm not annoyed or tired.' Maya entered the room. 'Then look in my eyes and tell me there's nothing wrong! I thought we were kind of on a friendly basis.' Josh looked straight into her eyes. 'Yeah, that's what I thought.' He rose out of his seat and walked towards the balcony. 'I need some fresh air.' Maya followed him. 'God, Maya, why are you still here? Everything's fine. Now, can you please leave?' 'I'm not leaving.'
'I want you to. Everything's okay, I already told you so.' 'Well, apparently we're not okay and I want to know why.' Josh shrugged. 'Not much to tell. I figured you already knew.' 'Knew what?' Josh gave her an annoyed look. 'Oh come on, Maya. ''Please, mommy, tell Josh I can't go on a holiday with him so that I don't have to do the dirty work. I'd rather go to school than be with him. You're so full of yourself, Maya. I thought that this was something that could make you happy.' 'Oh, so you think I'm this sad person? I'm not and I don't need you to worry about me or anything.' 'You're changing the subject, Maya.' Josh rubbed his eyes and for a second, he actually looked very tired. Maya tried not to notice, since she was feeling kind of angry towards him. 'Why couldn't you just tell me yourself?' Maya hesitated. She wanted to tell him, but... 'I can't. I can't explain.' Josh shook his head. 'Unbelievable. I really thought you were my friend.' 'I was. I mean, I am!' Josh turned his back to her. 'I don't believe a single word you're saying.' Tears were welling up in Maya's eyes. 'Please don't say things like that. I am your friend, I really am. I just can't explain why I couldn't tell you, so I would appreciate it if you'd just forget about it.' 'Fine, I'll forget about it. I'll forget about everything.' He started to walk away again. 'Wait!' Maya called after him. He stopped moving, but he didn't turn around to face her. 'Yes?' he asked with a trace of hope in his voice. Maybe she had an explanation after all, he thought. He could hear her breathing heavily. She was on the verge of saying something, but held back. 'Nothing.' Josh walked away, leaving a sad Maya behind. A tear rolled down her cheek. She sat down on the bed and started sobbing, but Josh didn't come back. 'I love you', she whispered through her tears.

Hello everyone! I know it has been a while since my last update and I'm sorry for that(I've been really busy with school). But I will be updating again either today or tomorrow. Will everything be solved or will it only get worse for Josh and Maya? Thanks for reading everyone and a special thank-you for those who voted on the previous chapters!

Love,