Girl Meets Back at the Mansion

'So, what are you going to do today?' Maya asked Farkle. They were still in Riley and Maya's room. 'No idea. Probably read something. I've brought some science magazines from home.' Maya fake-yawned. 'I meant: what are you going to do today? Reading is not ''something''.' Farkle looked confused. 'Yeah, it actually is-' 'I know that. But aren't you gonna do something more...interesting? And science magazines are NOT interesting.' Farkle shrugged. 'That's your opinion, Maya. What are you going to do today?' 'I don't know. That's why I asked you. Riley and Lucas just left to go on their picnic and Zay and Vanessa are at the beach, since last time wasn't that much fun.' 'Tell me about it', Farkle said, remembering the fight. 'How about Josh?' Maya hesitated. 'I, um, didn't ask him what his plans were. I just assumed he had his own things to do...' A grin spread on Farkle's face. 'You're scared to talk to him, aren't you? Maya Hart is afraid to talk to a guy!' Farkle exclaimed surprised. He shut up when a blue pillow hit him in the face. It was thrown at him by Maya. 'I deserved that', he said. 'Yeah, you did. And I am not afraid to go talk to him! I just wanted to ask you first.' Maya thought for a few moments. Admittedly, Farkle had been right. But he didn't need to know that. And why was she so scared? She had found talking to him so easy on the day of their arrival, but now it was complicated. She felt confused and decided to ignore the whirlwind of thoughts in her head. 'If you say so', Farkle said. 'I do say so.' Farkle nodded. 'Then I believe you. And if you want, we could go for a walk or something. I mean, if you're capable of...you know, walking.' He looked at her legs, which still had scratches on them. 'I can try', Maya said, considering what he'd said. Maya put an arm around Farkle's shoulder, so she could lean on him. 'Well, well. I must say that I find your arm around my shoulder very pleasing.' Maya gave him an annoyed look. 'You have a girlfriend, remember?' 'I was just kidding', Farkle said. 'You better be.' They bumped into Josh in the hallway. 'Uncle Boing! Maya practically shouted. 'I mean Josh, uncle Josh!' 'I'm not your uncle, Maya. By the way, where are you going?' Farkle cleared his throat. 'We were just about to go for a short walk in the neighbourhood. Don't worry, I'll make sure nothing happens to her.' 'Do you want me to join me? I mean, it might be safer.' 'We can take care of ourselves. But thanks for the offer', Maya said politely. She was trying to avoid Josh and so far it wasn't going great. 'Join us', Farkle said all of a sudden. 'No, no, you don't have to go with us. You probably have better things to do', Maya said. 'I insist'!' Farkle looked fiercely towards Maya. 'And Maya would love it if you came along', he then added. Josh shifted his gaze from Maya to Farkle, and then back to Maya. 'Okay... I'll just go get my phone so that Riley can reach me if something's wrong.' When he left the room, Maya couldn't hide her anger any longer. 'Farkle! What do you think you're doing?' she hissed. 'I'm just trying to help you. I thought you wanted him to come!' 'I would've said so if that was what I wanted. My legs may be injured, but my fists are still fully operational!' 'What's with the threats? Why are you acting like this? I'm not sorry for saying he could come with us. And I know that deep down, you're also glad he'll be there. If not for the sake of your love, than for the sake of our safety.' 'There's no ''love'', Farkle. Ugh, you're impossible. Very well, he can join us, but you stay near me at all times and make sure he doesn't talk to me.' 'What?!' 'You heard me.' Josh arrived and looked confused. 'Is everything okay?' 'Everything's fine', Farkle answered. 'Okay. Then let's go!'

Josh clearly was in a good mood, unlike Maya. But she couldn't help but feel happy to be around him again. Maybe Farkle had been right. 'Wait, Josh. Before we go, can I talk to Farkle for a sec?' Josh nodded. 'Sure, Maya. I'll wait outside.' 'Great. Thanks.' Maya managed a smile. 'So you are talking to him?' Farkle asked when Josh left the mansion. 'No. Yes. It's complicated. Look, I just wanted to apologize for being so harsh. I just don't know what to do when I'm around him anymore.' 'Why?' 'I don't know. I guess it started after my accident.' 'We'll figure this out, Maya, together. For now, just try to enjoy the walk and I'll try to do most of the talking.' Maya took a deep breath. 'Okay. Thank you, Farkle.' 'You're welcome. And by the way, apology accepted.' He gave Maya a hug. 'You'll be fine. I know you will. And I think Josh kind of has a crush on you.' 'That's not true! He does not have a crush on me!' Maya exclaimed. They started laughing. 'Yeah, he so does', Farkle said. Maya elbowed him. 'He doesn't!' 'That's not what I think.' They continued laughing and arguing until they saw Josh. 'Please shut up', Maya whispered. Farkle gave her a devilish grin, but was quiet anyway. This is going to be a long walk, Maya thought.

Thanks for reading everyone! I hope you enjoyed it. I'm sorry to inform you that I won't be able to update again for another week. I'm really sorry.

Love,