Chapter 1: First encounters

"Tell me Sungjee. How did this start?"
The doctor pushed up her glasses and got her pen ready to write about how crazy and exaggerating I am.
I sighed and pushed myself to sit up on the chair. "Well, I was about five or six years old. I was a rather solitary child. It was the first day of kindergarten and I spent most of it alone. However, I noticed a boy staring at me for the first half of the day. I'd be coloring, sitting, and playing by myself but he'd always stare at me from whatever he was doing. I was going to ask him what his deal was but I was too shy."
"Yes, yes, I see." She scribbled a few more words down on her notepad. "Then what?"
I blew my bangs away from my face and crossed my arms, trying to remember every detail. Then again, how could I forget. "Recess came along and I was sitting under a tree with my favorite coloring book and my new set of crayons. Side note, it was the 64 pack..with the sharpener! I know, big deal." Even when I had to be serious, I couldn't be. The doctor noticed that. "Anyways, he was still staring and I was staring back wondering what the problem was. Then some girls came in my view. 'Hey, why are you all by yourself,' one of them said. The other girl with the pigtails pointed at my face and said, 'probably because she won't be able to see anything that's going on in the game if she plays with the rest of us.' She was talking about me having glasses."
Ugh, yes my vision's been terrible for as long as I can remember. "So they then decided to do that whole 'How many fingers am I holding up?' crap. I rolled my eyes and just continued coloring. 'Okay fine,' the third girl said. 'How many crayons am I snapping?'
She took a handful of my new crayons and started breaking them in front of me. 'Hey, that's not nice! My mommy bought me those last week!' They didn't care though. They kept on laughing and when I got up to give them a piece of my five year old mind, the one with my pigtails ripped my glasses off my face. The other two girls held me back while the pigtailed girl kept mocking me with my own glasses. That's when he came into the picture." I looked down at my interlaced hands remembering how cute he was.
The doctor finally looked up in interest since the cause of me being here finally came into play. "The boy who kept staring at me ran up to us and shouted, 'Hey! Leave her alone or else I'm telling!' He reached up and grabbed my glasses. 'I'm not kidding.' The three girls ran away immediately. Funny how that's all it takes to get kids to behave. He handed me back my glasses and I quickly put them back on my tear stained face. 'Are you okay?' he asked genuinely worried.
'I'm fine. Thanks but leave me alone.' I squatted down to pick up the remains of the broken crayons. He squatted down next to me.
'You don't seem fine.' He wiped a tear away from my face. I finally looked up. God, I could never forget those chocolate brown eyes.
'I am. Now can you go? I'm trying to color.' But he didn't go. He sat down next to me and handed me a purple crayon.
'Don't worry. I won't bother you. It's very pretty what your coloring by the way.' He takes a good look at my picture and gives me the biggest smile.
He sat and watched me color for the rest of recess. I always liked to be alone so I felt kind of awkward with him around me. We didn't talk or anything but somehow he still enjoyed sitting next to me.
It was time for lunch and my teacher thought it would be a good idea to eat outside since the weather was nice. I chose a nice bench off to the side to eat my pb & j sandwich in hopes that no one would come by me but I was wrong. The little boy came up and sat right next to me with his colorful little lunch box in hand.
'Hi again!' He laughed and took out his juice pouch.
'Why do you keep coming to me?' I was annoyed now.
'Well I saw you by yourself all day and mommy says that no one should ever be alone. Especially a pretty girl.' He took a sip out of his juice box as if nothing happened, even though he just called me pretty.
'Pretty? Ew, yeah right. But I actually like being by myself thank you.' I was insisting he leave me alone.
'Yeah, pretty.' He ignored the fact that I was hinting he leave. He pulled out a bag of gummy bears. 'Want some?' I looked at the bag then up at him. They were my favorite candy so I couldn't help but say sure. Something good came out of somebody's company for once. I kept on grabbing and I unknowingly ate most of the bag. 'Wow, you must really like gummy bears. Here have the rest. But careful or else you'll turn into one! But that's okay, we can be gummy bear friends!'
I take the bag from him. 'But I've never had a friend before.'
He throws his hands up. 'Well now you have one super cool, lovable friend who will always be there for you whenever you're in need of a gummy bear or a hug! I promise!' He sticks out his pinky and he wraps it with mine and we stamp our thumbs together.
'Yay! That's great but I don't even know your name.'
'Yugyeom. Kim Yugyeom.'"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay! First chapter done! Hope you guys like it and please look forward to this fic! Trust me I'll work really hard on it and try to post as often as I can! Btw can we please talk about yugyeom in that gif because omgggggg