Chapter 17: Battles

"Thanks for the meal, BamBam!" I tell him while leaning my chin on his shoulder. No, I'm not that tall. He was just carrying me piggy back all the way to the dorm.

"Well, it's the least you deserve for having a tarantula walk on your face."

"Ugh don't even remind me." I got over one fear, sort of. They just never addressed my fear for love. Thank god. I thought they were going to make me go on some blind date or something.

"Oh crap." BamBam shouts as he puts me back on the ground. "I forgot my phone at jyp Ent. We were recording so I know its it the studio somewhere. Do you mind if we go pick it up real quick?"

"Not at all."

"Great!" He takes my hand and pulls me into a run for two blocks. Once again, I don't run. "Damn, Sungjee. Tired already?"

"I'm not a runner. I can dance for three hours straight but ask me to run a mile and I'll pass out."

He laughs at me. "I'm kidding. Cmon let's go inside before they lock up."

The reception lady welcomes us back and reminds us that there's fifteen minutes before they close up for the night.

"We'll be quick! Thanks!" BamBam takes me to the stairs.

"So now you want me to use the stairs?" I ask.

"The elevator is too slow! Just like you! See you at the top, if you even make it there before I come back," he laughs. And with that he starts sprinting up the stairs.

He's crazy if he thinks I'm sprinting up the stairs to catch him. That's exactly what he wanted. I decide to go slower than ever just to piss him off. He soon disappears and I'm left alone on the flights of staircases.

I was silently humming to myself for a while before I started hearing faint music. It got louder and louder as I climbed up the stairs. Someone else is still here. The sound was coming from the fourth floor. I open the door to the floor and travel down the hallway until I reach the source of the music.

It was a practice room and the door was slightly open. There's no harm in taking a peek right?

I swing the door open just a little more, enough to put my head past. It was Yugyeom. He was dancing to some Chris Brown, obviously. I smiled a little thinking about how much he loved that guy's work. He was just freestyling and soaking in his own moves through the mirror. He was recording himself on his phone too. There was a little stand by the mirror holding his phone. Wouldn't want a good dance session to be left forgotten.

I just kinda stood there, taking in all his moves and actually admiring them. Not gonna lie, he was amazing. Always was. After all, I was the one who figured he'd end up here. He danced for another minute or so before the song finally came to an end. He went to the laptop and turned down the volume a bit as the next song started playing. Then he reached for a towel that was on the couch and started wiping the sweat from under his snapback.

He starts laughing. "Like what you see?" He was acting as if he didn't see me before but he finally turned around in my direction.

I step into the room fully and I can feel my cheeks turning red from being exposed but I put my game face on. "Cocky much?"

"Well you were staring, even after the song ended and I stopped."

Busted. "W-well only because your moves were sloppy and I was thinking about how to correct them." Actually, his moves were flawless but I couldn't think of anything else to excuse myself for staring without humiliating myself.

"Me? Sloppy?"

"Yeah, sloppy," I say without hesitation.

"Honey, you couldn't do what I just did if you tried."

"Exactly, I can't do that. I'd do it better. Plus you were the one who kept bragging to JY Park about how amazing I am at dancing. Weren't you?" Bam! I got him now.

"Prove it then. Let's see how good you are." He stomps over to the laptop and changes the song while raising the volume. "You're on."

"A dance battle? Really?" I sigh. "Fine, if this is what it takes to win your pride back but don't be crying when I whoop your ass."

I start dancing to the song, giving it my all. I was not going to lose to this conceited little jerk. It was a medium tempo hip hop song with a good beat that I've never heard of. That's not fair though. He has an advantage since he knows where to add the most dynamics. Whatever, I'll show him how I can even do better when I'm at a disadvantage.

I finish my section of the song and he comes in doing that squiggly leg thing he always does. (A/n: I hope you guys know what I'm talking about 😂 if not, watch his dance covers on Instagram and you'll know. He's so cute (*^▽^*) )
I scoff and watch as he continued. Crap, what did I get myself into. He's so good but in my defense he has had more dance training since he got signed and I've been lacking since I had to spend most of my time at the psychologist's office.

He finishes his turn and the chorus starts coming in. Time to hit him with my secret weapon.

I back up to the wall and start running into an aerial. Along with the beat I start taking some pieces of my ballet training and mixing it with my strength which was hip hop. I end my turn with, and I counted, 15 fuetes and turns in second.

His face furrowed in frustration, knowing he could never top that. He comes towards me and grabbing my hand and waist and pull me to him.

We resume the song in a couples' dance. He spins me away then towards him and I put my leg around his waist as he leans forward. Then he lifts me away and pulls me back to him only I was backwards this time,looking back at him. His face was full of concentration and determination.

His eyes were gleaming and his jawline was sharp from his anger. He was clenching his jaw. And dude, I swear he can cut someone with that thing.

He looks down at me and his face softens to that goofy smirk. He was enjoying this. I shake my head and pull away from him to continue dancing.

The song starts coming to its closure and I do a calipso leap while his grip on my waist never loosens. Then he pulls me up so both of my legs are wrapped around his waist while my hands are wrapped around his neck. Our foreheads were pressed together and chests were going up and down in unision. The song ended and this situation seemed all too familiar.

He was looking deeply into my eyes and his goofy look was gone. All that was left in his face was passion and I could see that. Mine was probably filled with confusion since I had no idea why I was leaning in closer, reflecting the same action he was performing. Our lips were about to come into contact when someone stopped the music.

We snap our heads up and to the direction of the laptop.

"Wow."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I was supposed to finish this chapter yesterday but I got kind of busy. So sorry but now it's finally up! Yayyy. New chapter will be up soon!
Anyways, is anyone here a fan of Seventeen? Because....THEY HAD THEIR FIRST WIN AND I COULDNT BE PROUDER.

And the GOT7 concerts are looking so good and I'm also proud of my boys for everything they are accomplishing. I'm going to the fly in Chicago concert! Only 57 days left! I can't wait to finally see my babies especially my obvious bias. In case you don't know who it is by now, it's this little lump of sugar:

 In case you don't know who it is by now, it's this little lump of sugar:

Anyways, thank you for reading!