Chapter 6: betrayal

I relived the events as I continued telling the doctor what happened the morning after. "Yugyeom realized I haven't been wearing the locket he gave me. Jake made me stop wearing it so he bought me a charm bracelet to replace it while we were dating. I just realized all the restrictions he placed on me ever since we started dating. I can't believe I didn't get bothered before.

'Jee, where did you put the locket?' Yugyeom asked as he looked through my accessories drawer.

'I had to hide it. Jake wanted to throw it out after he bought the charm bracelet for me. I pretended to lose it so he wouldn't.'

Yugyeom blushed and looked down. 'It really means that much to you?'

'Obviously, Yugy!' I hopped to him and put my arms on both his shoulders. 'Why wouldn't it after everything we've been through?' I hugged him one more time and this time he wouldn't let go even after I tried letting go. 'Haha um Yugyeom? You can let go now.'

He jumped a little and let go immediately. 'Sorry, sorry! I don't know what happened.'

'It's fine,' I giggled. I went to my closet and opened the door. My back was to Yugyeom so he couldn't see where I kept my secret box. It was a soft pink box with a metallic gold lid that I kept all of my memorable and happy things in. I've never showed anyone. It was just my personal little thing I guess. I took the locket out of the box and quickly put it away before Yugyeom saw it.

'What was that?' He said as he took the locket away from me to put it on me.

'I'll show you after school today.' I actually did wanna show him though. He was the only person I could trust with that.

I pushed my hair to the side so Yugyeom could put the locket on. 'Can't wait.' He kissed my shoulder and pushed my hair back after he put the locket on.

'Um, what was that for? You have a girlfriend.'

'I know.. I..just don't know what's going on with me. I'm sorry.' He backs away into my vanity looking really disappointed in himself.

'It's okay yugy! Come on. Let's go downstairs and I'll make you pancakes before we have to get ready for school.'
~~~~~~~~~~
Yugyeom never left my side all day at school. He wanted to make sure Jake got no where near me since we had two classes with him.

The only time Yugyeom had to leave me was when we had our one separate class. I had home ec and he had gym.

We had to make shortbread cookies today in class so it kinda distracted me from everything for a while. I decorated them with little hearts and sprinkles so I could give them to yugeyeom later.

The bell rang and I still wasn't quite done as early as everyone else so I had to stay after class to clean up my station. I put the cookies in my backpack and was just about to leave when an arm hooked around my neck and slammed me across the wall.

I opened my eyes and saw my own friend, Ailee, with fury in her eyes. 'How could you do this to me? We were such good friends!' She slammed my head against the wall.

'D-do what?' I managed to choke out.

'As if you didn't know! Yugyeom broke up with me just now..for you!' She pulled my hair so hard it made my head lift up to look her in the eyes.
'I don't see why though. You're honestly not even that pretty or talented for a guy like Yugyeom to want. You boyfriend stealer! Just because Jake cheated on you doesn't mean you have to go and take other people's boyfriends.'

By this time, the rest of our crew, well our old crew, came in. Just the girls though. In a matter of seconds they pushed me on to the floor and started kicking and punching me. 'That'll teach you not to take other people's boyfriends you hoe. But don't worry. This is nothing, I'll still get you back-'