Chapter 26: Performance

"Are you ready?" Yugyeom asks as we stand behind the curtain.

"Not really but do we have a choice?"

"I guess not."

We hear the speaker announce, "And now we present Kim Yugyeom and King Sungjee, the hottest headline of the month!

"Let's do this." I say and link my arm with his. We walk out onto the stage and cameras start flashing everywhere. Yugyeom pulls out the chair for me and I sit down down before he scoots my chair closer to the table.

"Sungjee, Sungjee!"

"Over here!"

"Give us a quote please!"

I point at a guy so he may ask his question.

"Can you please tell us about Jake?"

"Yes, sir. I used to date this guy. We were together for about a year but I caught him cheating on me one day. I broke up with him at that instant and coincidentally, he was the one who hit me with the car the other day."

"Thank you," the reporter politely replies while scribbling what I had just said onto his little notepad.

Yugyeom points to a women for the next question.

"What is your previous and current relationship with miss Sungjee?"

"Jee and I have known each other since we were six. We grew up together and were basically inseparable. She's the one who inspired to come and be an idol. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her." All the reporters aw and continue to scribble some more. "So when Jake cheated on her, I obviously did whatever I could to comfort her and make her feel better about herself. However, I had to come here a little too soon but she was understanding and caring about it. I was going to come back and surprise her after I made it but she kind of found me. I like to believe that fate brought us back together, don't you think?" He looks down at me and I nod with a big smile.

"Now why did you punch Jake in the face? The car thing was an accident after all."

"I know and I admit that that was wrong. I take full responsibility for it but I am so sorry. It was just built up anger that I couldn't hold in for that guy anymore and I couldn't stand him hurting my Sungjee one more time. I wanted to protect her. She's my best friend and always will be."

"Thank you."

I couldn't take my eyes off of Yugyeom. His words seemed so sincere and so sweet I just couldn't hold myself back. I jumped up and hugged him with all the force in my will. He pulls me onto his back to carry me piggyback. "Now, please look forward to our performance tonight. No further questions, thank you!" He runs off the stage with me still on his back.

I jump off his back and he spins me around to face him. "We did it! They really seemed convinced!" He pulls me into a huge bear hug with a spin. We were both giggling in joy for a minute but then it all comes back to me.

I cough and break away from his grasp. "Um, yeah good job. Thank god the cameras are gone. We can finally stop pretending."

"But jee-"

"Come on, we have to get ready for our performance tonight. Let's go." I head into the dressing room without looking back at him and without having to face my true emotions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unknown POV

"No further questions, thank you!"

Sooooo Yugyeom and Jee have found each other again? And they're both in Seoul? And they both work for Jyp?

They just gave away all of the information I've been searching for. Great job guys! You've just made my job so much easier. I know what I have to do now. Sungjee, you're going down. You won't see the light of day ever again. You're going to be more miserable then ever when I'm done with you. That's a promise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sungjee's POV