Chapter 36: Set backs

~Jee's POV~

Our debut was right around the corner. We were ready. We could all tell. Even the staff seemed to wonder why the date kept getting pushed back. Our album was ready. It was a 6 song mini album. Our dances were set and I'd say we all performed them damn well. All the promotions were set. Photoshoots were complete. Our reality show already aired 6 episodes. The fear tests made up three episodes and the rest served to get to know our personalities more. That's why they've been recording Lana and I at our dance team practices.

We were filming another episode right now. It was basically just a bunch more teamwork games and honestly it was pretty fun and hilarious. I hope our audience really gets a feel for who we are. Yugyeom was back home taking care of Ashley so I knew she was in good hands..sort of. I just told him to order food if she gets hungry.

Ray, Em, Jess, Lana and I were all sitting in the middle of the practice room. We were surrounding a half finished pizza box and were just chatting away for the show. Honestly we could've finished three whole boxes by now but we were being semi-modest for the cameras.

All of a sudden the door to the room opened and in came our boss along with our manager. We immediately got up and started bowing and greeting them.

"Hello, girls," Showmin clears his throat. "Please have a seat."

The look on both of their faces wasn't good. I could tell this wasn't going to be such a great talk. Nevertheless, we all sit down on the black leather couch in the corner of the practice room.

"Listen," he continues, "we know that everything is ready for your debut and all but we just don't think that you are ready to become idols. Sure, you can sing and yeah, you can dance. But that means absolutely nothing."

"He's right," Park JinYoung cuts in. "To be a person people look up to, you have to have many, many qualities. There is one thing holding you guys back."

I look back at the staffs. They were still recording for the episode. God, how embarrassing.

"Because of this, we're not going to debut you girls anytime soon."

My heart sank. I think all of ours did. I look at my girls next to me. Tears were on the brink of falling, for all of us. We've worked so hard and now this happens?

"But why?" Ray speaks up. "We're ready. We truly are."

"Some of you are. Like you Ray. You've been training for 5 years. We know what you can do." Showmin sighs. "However, others have one thing holding them back. And that's fear."

Now Em was mad. "But did you not see us overcome our fears! I had to bungee jump! Jee and Lana had live tarantulas on their faces! You scared us half to death with ghosts!"

"I understand your anger. But please, calm down. We know you guys faced your fears and we're proud. You've grown a lot since that day. But someone didn't overcome their last fear."

Immediately, I felt all eyes on me. "What?" I question.

"Did you not tell them all your fears Sungjee?"

"There was another fear?" Ray turned to face me. "What else was it? You did bugs, ghosts, darkness. What else?"

I look down at my lap. I started playing with my hands in nervousness. "Love."

"Love?" Jesse asks, almost disappointed at this point since I'm basically the reason they don't get to debut and live their dreams.

"Yes, love." The CEO comes closer to us. "She may be dating Yugyeom but tell me. Did your fear go away just because of that?"