Chapter 20: revenge

I shove Yugyeom off of me. How dare he make such a big move after I was just barely growing some form of forgiveness for him. But now that's all out the window.

"I can't believe you.." I start to quickly make my way out of the ball pit and start running towards the exit.

"Wait, Jee! I'm sorry!" Yugyeom shouts behind me. "I don't know what got into me. I just had to."

"No! You didn't come to consider how I felt about the situation. I actually wanted to try and forgive you but thank you. This served as a reminder not to trust you or let you back in ever again."

I sprinted out the door with him still yelling behind me. I didn't want to deal with this. Not today. Not so soon. Part of me was telling me to enjoy it and be happy like a normal person but the other monstrous side of me was holding me back. The only way to deal with this was to run. And that's what I did. Run carelessly just as long as I got away from him.

Beeeeeeep. "Sungjee! Watch out!"

But it was too late. A giant force hit my side and knocked me to the ground. My mind was hazy but through my arms covering my face I could see the guy who hit me get out of his car and rush to me.

"Miss? Miss?! Someone call an ambulance!" He started shaking my side. "Oh god. Oh my god, I'm so sorry miss. We're gonna get you help."

"N-no, it's fine. I'm fine. " I manage to mumble out. "Honestly, I'm just a little sore but I don't think I feel broken." Besides on the inside I thought.

"Jee! Oh my gosh, Jee!" Looks like Yugyeom finally got across the street to me. "Are you okay? We're gonna get you hel-...YOU!?"

I lift my head away from my arms enough to see what shocked Yugyeom so much.

Him. Right before my eyes. It was him. Jake.

"Yugyeom? Is that you? And that means that I hit.." He moves the hair away from my shocked face. "Sungjee?"

Yugyeom roughly pulls Jake up and pushes his chest. "What are you doing here in Seoul?" Push. "Look what you've done! Only more damage to her. You've done enough!" Push. Wait no. It was a punch this time.

All I see are flashing cameras. No, the paparazzi can't get this. It'll seriously hurt Yugyeom's career and everything he's worked for. And as much as I hate him right now for causing all of this, I can't let that happen to him. I grab his ankle and he immediately remembers the critical situation at hand.

"Ill deal with you later. But for now let's get Jee to a hospital." He kneels down beside me and takes me into his arms. I have yet to take my eyes off of Jake though. I didn't think i was ever going to see him again. And just like that, my horrible past has come back to haunt me. And just like that, everything around me faded to black.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beep. Beep. Beep.

A steady rhythm of a tone was constantly sounding at my right side. Ugh turn it off.

I flutter my eyes open and shudder at the bright white lights shining directly in my face.

"Oh good! Jee you're awake." Yugyeom gets up from the chair beside my bed and takes my hand in his.

I pull my hand out from his grip. "I may have gotten hit by a car, but you're not lucky enough for me to get amnesia. I still remember everything and I'm still mad at you. Just go get the nurse."

His hopeful look changed to a saddened and understanding one. Maybe he hasn't been hoping for that. Maybe he genuinely cared but then again, if he did, he wouldn't have kissed me like that.

The nurse appears with Yugyeom and starts taking my vitals and information. A minute later the doctor makes his entrance and shut the curtain behind him.