Chapter 40: Last hope

Yugyeom's POV

We inspect every corner of the building in hopes to find some sort of way in. Windows were all sealed and tinted black. All doors were securely locked. It was like a safe in there. No escape was possible and we were all starting to lose hope.

I bang on the last door we checked. "Ugh that's it. We can't get in and who knows what they could be doing to her right now." I slide my back down the door.

"Come on man. We'll find something." BamBam sat down next to me.

"No, it's over. I-" I start but i got interrupted my a sharp scream. There was no doubt it was Jee's. I jump to my feet and resume to bang on the door. "Stop! Stop! Don't touch her!..please." I begin crying as I realize there was no use anymore. I could feel the sympathetic stares behind me, them to wishing they could do something to help.

There was a long break. Silence other than the occasional faint screams coming from inside. Then there was shuffling and the slam of a car door.

"Yugyeom!" Jaebum called from inside the car. "Move."

I sniffled and looked at him in confusion. "What?"

"I said move!"

I weakly got up and moved to the side next to BamBam who immediately put his arm around me in comfort.

JB backed up in the van before stopping and taking a huge breath.

"Jaebum, what are you doing?" Jackson asked now concerned. But before he could get the response he was hoping for, Jaebum slammed his foot on the accelerator and crashed the van through the garage door.

"No!" I run to the now destroyed van and squeeze my way through the rubble to get to our courageous leader. He was face down on the steering wheel with his shoulders slumped.

Jinyoung and Mark shoved past me and and opened the dented door. They managed to carry his body out and laid him down on the cement far enough from the van that was now on fire.

At this point, there wasn't a single person that wasn't crying. Well everyone except Jaebum who was not conscious and was covered in blood from his head and torso. Jinyoung was trying to be strong for us but it was evident that he was hurting as well.

Everyone was down on their knees beside him, crying and doing what they can to help him. Everyone but me. I was glued in place from shock.

"Yugyeom, go!" Mark said in between sobs. "He did this so you and Jee could be together. Make the most of his sacrifice."

I slightly nodded and somehow managed to run through the opening that the crash created.

"Youngjae, BamBam! Start running towards town and call an ambulance as soon as you get service!" I could hear Jackson screaming, yet it was muffled. The world around me seems so surreal. I just lost one of my best friends and I'm about to lose my girlfriend. And it's all my fault.

I ran through some dimly lit hallways, nearing the screams more and more with each step. I start feel my legs more now that i have to be ready to help Jee get out of here.

I quietly peek my head around the doorway where Jee was held captive. She was unable to move as Ailee and and Jake circled around her. Deep cuts lined her wrists and thighs, caused by the knife Ailee was teasing her with.

"Come on, Sungjee. Don't you want another one? You used to do this so much. So much that you got sent to a hospital because you cut too deep." Ailee laughed at her.

"Yeah, another one baby." Jake leans down to suck on her neck and jawline. I tried my best to contain myself. I couldn't let them discover me.

"Don't worry it won't hurt a bit.."

They both finally turned their backs to me, allowing me to run up behind them.

I sprinted around Ailee and took the butcher knife from her grasp.

"How did you get in here?!"

"Not important.." I say recalling the awful event that allowed me to enter this place. I spot Jackson at the doorway. He placed his finger over his lips, telling me to not to give him and Mark, who was standing behind him, away. "But what is important is that this is over."

Jake huffs, "No it's not. It's two ruthless people against one boy who wouldnt have the guts to do anything with that knife."

I smirk as Jackson and Mark were now a couple steps behind the two evil beings. "Nope, it's three against two."

At that instant, Jackson and Mark grab Ailee and Jake, restricting them from escape. I throw the knife to the side and run to my hurt girlfriend. Her eyes were threatening to close on her. She was faint from all the blood she lost. They had no mercy when it came to cutting her.

"It's okay Jee. We're gonna get you out of here. You're okay." I began to untie the knots that held her down. She was attempting to help me but her actions were too weak. I was really losing her here. "Just please stay awake. "

Sounds of sirens were now beginning to accumulate outside the warehouse.

"No!" Ailee cried out. "It's not fair! It can't end like this. She needs to be out of our lives!" She was struggling to get out of Mark's tight hold on her.

After an eternity of untying knots, I finally got Jee out of them and i helped her up. She was really dependent on me but she was making a strong effort to walk on her own.

The sirens were getting louder and louder. Help was soon arriving but Ailee was growing frantic. She kicked Mark in the groin and he immediately released her.

Ailee dove for the knife laying on the cold, wet floor and picked it up. She held it up and slowly came towards us in a threatening manner. "It's not going to end like this. If I'm going to jail, I'm gonna go while fulfilling my purpose."

Before Mark could get up to stop her, she had already thrown the knife in my direction. I closed my eyes and waited for the impact. The impact that never came. I opened my eyes to see her and Jake being detained by the policemen. "Jee," I sighed. "We made it."

Her weight on me was slipping and I turned to see the girl I loved with a knife buried in her side. She fell to the floor and I followed. "Jee, no!"

Her eyes were brimmed with tears and were slowly opening and closing. "I did it for you Yugyeom. You know the guy doesn't always have to save the girl." She laughed weakly. "I did it because I love you. "

I couldn't respond to her. I was dragged by a paramedic so that they could treat her. They hauled her onto a gurney and carried her off, not allowing me to get anywhere near her.
~~~~
Hello guys. I know, i know. I promised an update soon and it took way longer than expected. I'm so sorry. Ive been going through a lot lately and I couldnt find the energy and motivation to write. But I think i should be okay enough now to write for you guys because I love doing this. Thank you so much and I hope you all understand.