Chapter Nine

"What did you get us into?" Janine asked Colin for the second time.

Colin sighed his frustration and pain rolling off of him in waves. The purple bruises on his neck began to fade.

"Kevin and I used a whipped laced with silver to inflict scares on Esarosa." He finally answered.

"You did what?" Janine screamed at him. Hurting anyone with silver was punishable by death. Especially if the individual didn't deserve it. You could use silver as punishment for not listening however only the alpha or the luna  could give the authority.

Colin winced at Janine's angry outburst . "She is weak. She will only bring down the pack."

"She obviously isn't weak. She has survived so much already." Janine replied with a shake of her head. This was not what the pack was about. Sure Janine had no problem calling her names and making her feel alone. However hitting her or causing her physical pain was a no.

"you don't know anything!" Colin said jumping up suddenly. His chest was heaving as anger began to take over.

"I know you are being cruel." Janine yelled back at him. Her own anger now coming to the surface. They continued to argue until their wolves were about to take over.

Luna Minx stormed into the room signalling that their hour was up. "Have you made your decision? what is everyone else's punishment?" She demanded. Her eyes were still a dark shade meaning her wolf was still at the surface.

"I think the punishment should be the same thing as what Colin and I have." Janine said cowering slightly from her angry Luna.

Luna Minx thought about it for a second. "I will see what your alpha thinks. For now you two remain here. And if you shift I will handcuff you both together. Do I make myself clear?" Her tone voice gave them no choice but to nod their heads.

<> Outside <>

Aeliana watched as Esarosa shifted.
"You are both beautiful." She told them.

The shift came quickly for Aeliana. Once completed she barked at Nadia who stood up and slowly walked towards Aeliana. Esarosa held her head low with her tail was between her legs.
Aeliana furrowed her brows and growled at her. She didn't want her mate to be submissive. Mates were equals.

To Esarosa Onyx was beautiful. Her fur  was all black in colour. Her eyes brighter.  The low growl coming from Aeliana told Esarosa that she was disappointed in her. 'What am I doing wrong?' Esarosa thought.

'She doesn't want us to walk as if we surrender.' Nadia replied.

Aeliana started prancing and yipping at Esarosa. 'come on. Let's run with her.' Nadia suggested as she watched the way Onyx was playing.

Esarosa allowed Nadia to take over their movements, The wind in their face was rewarding as they ran away from Aeliana.

The pair darted away from the pack house and headed into the dense forest that surrounded the place.

Esarosa could hear Aeliana following them and wished for a mind link.
So focused on her thoughts  she didn't realize that there was a bunch of roots sticking up. She tumbled head over heals and ended up in a mud puddle face first. Embarrassed with herself Esarosa stood up and shook out her fur.

A gurgled noise was heard and Esarosa whipped her head around trying to find the source of the noise. That's when she noticed Aeliana, the noise was coming from her. she was ....laughing. Feeling brave Esarosa lifted a paw and splashed Aeliana. She growled but the next thing Esarosa knew it was a war. They were splashing each other and pinning each other.

They were having so much fun that they had dropped their guard. They had no idea that they weren't alone anymore.  The same gurgling noise that Aeliana had made was heard again. Both girls froze In their tracks. That's when two golden coloured wolves came forward. They were roughly the same size in height. Esarosa growled a warning at the pair of laughing wolves which only caused them to laugh more.
That's when Esarosa realized that these golden wolves were Areliana's parents. The king and queen of wolves.

'Are we in trouble?' Nadia suddenly asked Esarosa.

'I don't think so.' She replied.

Esarosa felt something brush her side and  a wave of happiness washed over her. Aeliana indicated with her head that they should follow the golden wolves. Nodding her head Esarosa followed along side Aeliana. The whole time thinking the worse.

###########################