Chapter Twenty Four

"I growled back at him "that thing in there is a person. And havin her here will cause a war. Nobody will forgive us for what we have done. We left a child for dead. I left my baby in your hands. I am a horrible mother. And now our daughter, Emily is dead. That girl in there maybe ours but she was raised and renamed. I should have figured it out earlier. Esarosa means white wolf." Rebecca had said to her mate Josh. Those were her last words before he was killed. Did she blame Esarosa? No, she didn't. Josh was foolish and impulsive. He messed up and she defended herself.

Rebecca was brought out of her thoughts by the rustling of leaves. She turned her head to see a small group of wolves and doctor Jennie Lowell. The bigger wolf of the group came forward along with the doctor and stood just infront of her. The wolf shifted back into a man and Rebecca recognized him instantly. "Alpha Johnson." She said bowing slightly in respect.

"Beta Rebecca. What a surprise. You out hunting?" He asked looking around carefully. "No. I am the one who called. I know where Esarosa is." She replied. A few growls were heard however Rebecca didn't flinch. What made her turn suddenly was the sudden noise behind her.

Out of the woods and into the clearing came a small tan coloured wolf. The wolves with Alpha Johnson quickly moved forward advancing on the pup. Rebecca quickly stepped in front of them all "Monique what are you doing here?" She asked the pup.

'Mommy. There Is a fight happening.' Monique mind liked her mother. Panic quickly took over and Rebecca turned to the group. "This is my youngest. She just said there is a fight."

~~~~~

Meanwhile

Alex and Aeliana followed the others carefully. So far they hadn't been noticed. However, they were noticed by someone. A soft warning growl was heard. Alex sniffed the air. Than he took off running.
'Where is he going?' Aeliana asked Onyx. 'He isn't making sense.' Onyx replied.

Deciding that she should follow him, Aeliana took off. She didn't get very far before she was tackled. Her head hit the ground and she blacked out.

Alex followed the scent. He was getting closer when he was suddenly tackled. However, it wasn't threatening. He was pinned as he felt a wet spot on his cheek.

Looking up Alex saw a light grey  wolf. She was sitting on his chest, laughing. Than she leaned down and licked his cheek. Alex lightly pushed up and flipped her. Than he nipped just under her chin.

Alex snapped his head up when he realized Aeliana wasn't there. 'Where is Aeliana?' He asked his wolf. 'She is in trouble.' Was his panicked reply.

Alex quickly jumped up, he began his search to find Aeliana. The whole time he was thinking "This was my fault. Again my friend was taken."

The sound of someone following him cause him to spin around. The female wolf from earlier was right behind him. He knew she was his mate and was grateful to find her however his thoughts were on Aeliana now.

He stopped and sniffed the ground when he caught Aeliana's scent. He heard a whimper so he turned to  that the female wolf was  getting his attention. She took a couple steps in the opposite direction. He walked over to her and sniffed the ground just infront of her.  He nudged his mate to follow the scent. The trail led to a small cabin. She stopped and growled.

Shifting back into his human form Alex asked her "Who's place is this?"

Alex turned his back to her since he was naked and waited to hear her response.

"This is my  uncle's place." She replied. Her voice was soft but held some kind of anger in it.

"Your uncle? why did he take my friend?" Alex asked her curiously.

"I don't know." Was her reply. The sound of bones cracking and popping signalled that she had shifted back into her wolf. Alex looked over his shoulder.
"Names Alex." He said as he too shifted back into his wolf form. They headed towards the cabin. Only to hear loud growling.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>