Chapter Twenty Seven

Jensen watched the princess closely. He was worried that with her being a captive on his tiny home a war would be eminent. He was angry at his alpha for giving a command to listen to the arrogant punk. He had seen the letter from Porcupine Pack saying that the boy was no longer the future alpha. His younger brother was to become.

Just then Jensen sensed a presence just inside the woods outside of his home. Quickly and quietly he exited his home out the back door. He needed to know the threat.

He watched as two wolves came forward. One had it's nose to the ground. Then he heard the sounds of shifting and his niece stepped forward in her human form. She said that the place they were at was his. The other wolf was male and when he shifted he said Jensen had his friend. This wasn't good. That means someone already knows the princess was there. What was even worse is the boy said his name was Alex. Was this the little punks brother?

The two shifted back into their wolves and headed towards the cabin. He the. decided to let out a loud growl. Both wolves stopped dead in the tracks before his niece stepped forward with a warning growl of her own. He realized then that the male wolf must be her mate. That would be the only explanation as to why she was growling at him.

Suddenly both him and his niece got a massive headache that had them both whimpering.

Alex quickly shifted and went to his mate. "What's wrong?" He asked quietly as he tried to ease her pain. He was on full alert now trying to detect the threat. As quickly as it came the whimpering stopped and Jensen shifted. "Our alpha is dead." He said simply before he turned to head towards the woods. "Your friend is in my cabin. Take her. I was going to let her go when she woke up." Then he shifted, running off.

Alex waited for his mate to get to her feet. She was still in her wolf form when she got up. She avoided looking at Alex as she scurried off for a second bringing cloths back in her mouth. It was funny watching her walk with her eyes shut towards Alex. Lightly chuckling Alex walked up to her. "Thank you." He said as he took the shorts.

He turned as he heard footsteps heading the other way. Then some snapping of bones and soon his mate walked out from behind a parked car.

"Come we should go check on your friend." His mate said as she walked towards the front of the cabin. He silently followed. Aeliana's scent soon filled his nose and he rushed to find her. He followed the scent till he found her laying unconscious on a couch, a blanket laid across her. He went to her cautiously. If she was unconcious and just waking up she could be disoriented and may attack him. A low growl sounded and Alex turned on his heals.

"She is my friend and she is injured. Let me check on her." He said to his mate. She bowed her head. "Sorry." She muttered. Then she looked up at him. "Can I take a look at her?"

Alex narrowed his eyes for a second as he thought of her request. "Yes you can." He replied. He needed to trust his mate.

She smiled and followed Alex carefully to the side of the couch. At the couch they both noticed a small gash on the side of her head. It had a bandage on it.

"My uncle's mate was a doctor for this pack." Alex's mate said as she eyed the bandage. Alex simply nodded. Not wanting to inquire more at this time.

Now was the time to make sure Aeliana was ok.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>