Chapter Twenty One

Alex was furious with his father. There was no way he was going to stay home and allow his friend to get hurt or worse.

'Onyx is talking to me.' Alex's wolf said breaking his thoughts.

'What does she say?' Alex asks curiously. 'She says that they have a plan. And to meet them in the medical wing.' 'The medical wing? why there?' Alex asked. 'It is sound proof.' His wolf answers.

'Oh. Duh. Ya ok tell her I will meet her there.'  Alex remained calm and allowed his dad to make plans.

It didn't take long for his father to get everyone organized. Alpha Johnson dismissed everyone from the office. Smiling Alex heads off towards the medical wing and waited for Aeliana. She was supposed to stay and talk with her parents.

After a short wait Alex heard. "Are we the only ones in here?" Aeliana spoke coming up to him.

"Yes we are." Alex replied. "So what's the plan?"

Aeliana told him the whole plan.  They agreed to it and separated to get everything organized. It was only going to be the two of them however it was going to be three days to get there if they didn't take a vehicle. They knew they were heading to Wadena.

Deciding on what to pack Alex grabbed a few pairs of cloths for himself and packed some smaller cloths of his incase Esarosa or Aeliana needed them.

Looking around his room to make sure he had what he needed. He headed off to find Aeliana again. Spotting his father near the door, Alex hid his backpack out of sight. Then Alex walked over hugged him and wished him a safe journey. "Remember Alex.  Protect your mother, this pack and the princess." Alpha Johnson said to his son.

"Yes sir." Alex said stepping back. He watched as his father, Dr. Lowell, Seth, Jargon, Zack and Candice all piled into his father's Chevy short box crew cab truck. Soon they all drove off.

'Aeliana is ready. She says we will have a ride in half an hour. We have to walk down to the river though.' Alex's wolf  said.

Alex quickly hugged his mother, who was looking at him suspiciously.  "What are you up to?" She asked him raising an eyebrow.

Alex put on a sad smile. "Aeliana is upset. I was hoping to go for a run with her by the river." He said innocently.

"Alright." His mother replied. Then she turned and headed to the kitchen. Alex knew she was going for the ice cream. His mother hated whenever his father would leave. 

Alex quickly picked up his pack and left the house.he was feeling slightly guilty at leaving his mother behind. 

The sound of a twig snapping caused Alex to spin around quickly. He was relieved to see Aeliana right behind him. She laughed lightly. "Sorry Alex I didn't mean to sneak up on you."

"it's ok. I was lost in thought. I should be more careful." Alex said true fully. He knew better than to let his guard down. What if it wasn't someone he knew?

She smiled "well let's continue our walk." She said taking a couple steps.
They walked in a comfortable quiet until they came up to a  jeep.
"Here's our ride." She said walking up to the jeep. She reached into the fender well and pulled out a small metallic box. She opened the box to reveal a set of keys.
"how?" Alex  asked her as he continued to stare in awe.

She just smiled and shrugged. She unlocked the jeep "are you going to just stand there or are you coming?" She asked as she climbed behind the wheel.

Alex shook his head. He quickly walked  around to the passenger side and climbed in.

"Do you know which way to go?" Alex asked her.

Aeliana nodded her head. "I am not sure where the hospital is though." Aeliana replied as they drove off.

"Oh. Ummm hold on a second." Alex said as he took out his cell phone. Then he typed in the location. Soon google maps had them going in the right direction.

It didn't seem to take long and the pair found the hospital. "There is dads truck." Alex said pointing towards the truck. Then suddenly he blurts out. "Shit won't he recognize my scent."  

Aeliana smiled and shook her head. "As long as you stay in the jeep he won't scent either one of us. We will seem human."

"That can't work." Alex replied as he started to panic.

"Just watch." She said.

They watched as the group came out of the hospital. Not once did anyone look their way. Alex was about to say something but Aeliana held up a finger to her lips and shook her head.

Everyone but Dr. Lowell got into the truck. They drove off leaving the doctor standing in the parking lot. Soon a low howl was heard.
Doctor Lowell looked around the parking lot before she took off in a very fast pace.

"Who was that?" Aeliana asked Alex. She was slightly nervous at the sound of a wolf.

"I think that was Seth" Alex replied
"They needed a safe place to shift."

Aeliana simply her nodded. "Let's track them." She said.

"Ok." Alex replied. He wished he could use his mind link to follow them. Finding a safe place the pair parked. Alex shifted first and Aeliana tied his pack to his leg. Then she quickly shifted. They followed the scent of doctor Lowell.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

The meaning and pronunciation of the name Aeliana.

Pronunciation: (ee-lee-AHN-a) or (ie-lee-AHN-a)
Origin: Latin feminine form of the male name Aelianus
Meaning: Sun