Chapter Twelve

'How is it fair that I am striped of my title? I didn't even hurt her physically?' Cody asked his wolf, Sam.

'We did hurt her though.' Sam replied solemnly.

'Not physically.' Cody repeated.

'No we did worse. I am ashamed. We knew better.' Sam replied he held his head in shame and placed his tail between his legs.

'We were following orders. We didn't beat her.' Cody replied trying to make sense of what he had done.

'We could have went against the order. Colin was the future alpha. His father, our alpha has always treated others kindly.' Sam said still in submission.

Cody bowed his head in shame, Sam was right. 'Sam is it to late to say sorry?'

He lifted his head 'it might be but let's try. we might feel better.'

Cody nodded his head and went in search of Esarosa. He wasn't sure exactly how he was going to apologized or even if she would accept it. He just had to try. It took him awhile to find her. He was surprised to find her in the gardens with princess Aeliana.

'Sam do you think they are mates?'

'Well look how they are with each other. Just like us with Julia.'

Cody looked closely at the pair and smiled. 'Maybe she will leave with the princess and all this will blow over. We could get our title back. '

'Cody. We came to say sorry. I will take over and do it. I am ashamed with our actions. Our title is gone. There is no getting it back. Now go and apologize.' Sam said sternly.

'Ok. Ok.' Cody replied as he walked over to the girls. As he got closer both girls stood up and faced him. They were standing side by side. Princess Aeliana gave a warning growl.

Cody quickly dropped to his knees bowing deeply to the two girls. . "Please forgive me Esarosa." Sam nudge Cody and Cody rephrased . " I mean please forgive us. My wolf, Sam, is ashamed of our actions."

"Cody you and Sam are forgiven. I know you were just following orders." Esarosa said calmly. She walked up to Cody holding out her hand. She helped him stand up straight then hugged him. A very low growl was heard from behind Esarosa. Cody quickly backed up as Sam chuckled 'yup they are mates. Slowly back our ass up.'

Cody did as Sam suggested and backed away. "I mean what I said. Sam and I are sorry." Cody said with his hands raised in surrender.

"Esarosa accepted your apology. I however don't forgive your actions. You are going to have to prove your self. Show us that you have changed. Only than will I trust you." princess Aeliana said. Her death glare from earlier slightly diminished. She stressed the word "I" every time she said it just to make sure Cody understood.

Cody quickly nodded his head. "I will prove to you both that I am truly sorry."

"Go now before I change my mind about giving you a chance." Princess Aeliana said threateningly .

Cody bowed once again and took off running. He needed to figure out how to prove his worth.

He was heading up to the pack house when Colin almost ran him over. Cody managed to jump out of the way just in time however he had jumped straight into someone else. He tumbled down the stairs with the person landing ontop of him.

A very deep angry growl resinated from the top of the stairs. Causing Cody to freeze. Much to his surprise the person who fell on him was Luna Minx. She got up and reach her hand down to Cody. "I am sorry Cody." she said as she helped him back up to his feet. "I wasn't watching where I was going."

"No Luna. I am sorry. I shouldnt have jumped." Cody said bowing his head in respect. Cody looked up the stairs to see alpha Johnson glaring out into the yard. Cody looked at the luna again and noticed a bruise forming on her cheek.

"Luna Minx please forgive me. You are injured because of me." Cody quickly dropped to his knees and bowed his head in submission.

"What. No stand up Cody you didn't hurt me. You are bleeding though." She said observing some blood on Cody's shirt.

He reached his hand up to the back of his head, it hurt to touch it and when he withdrew his hand blood covered it.

"You must head to the doctor." Alpha Johnson said coming down the stairs and inspecting the wound.

"Alpha Johnson I would like to talk to you." Cody said ignoring the pain.

"Not right now. I have other matters to deal with." He said his tone of voice angry.

"Of course alpha. I will head to the doctor." Cody said bowing to Alpha Johnson.

Alpha Johnson looked at Cody. "We can talk later." He said lightning his tone. Cody wasn't the one he was mad at. He had seen Cody jump away from Colin only to jump in front of Luna Minx. No harm was meant.

"Thank you Alpha." Cody said heading off into the pack house. He needed to get looked at.

<> just before Cody jumped into Luna Minx <>

Colin was furious. 'How dare Esarosa have me stripped of my title. I should have killed her. Obviously torturing the abomination wasn't enough. I don't care that her mother saved my father. Mother hahaha the vampire princess was weak. She should have drank her dry when she found her.' He was thinking. His wolf refused to talk with him and had shut him out.

Colin had been sent to his room where he was currently stomping around. His door bursted open to reveal his very angry mother.

"I have arranged it for your lashings to happen today. Get it all over with." She said stiffly. She was angry and ashamed with her son's actions.

"Mother this is ridiculous and you know it." Colin said raising his voice slightly.

Luna Minx walked over to her son and slapped him across his face. "How dare you speak to me that way." She said through clenched teeth.

Colin didn't think he simply reacted to a threat. His hand raised and he slapped his mother back. Realization of what he had just done and he took off running.

His last thought was 'This was all Esarosa's fault.'

###########################