Chapter Sixteen

Colin was angry, he wanted to be alpha . He knew just how to, he needed to kill Esarosa first, then kill his father and mother, Alex and Madeline. The two other sisters were to young to take over.

He weaved his way through the trees until they reached the car he had left. He shifted grabbed the thing off Janine's back and threw her in the trunk of the car. Janine shifted and got in the car. "Where are we going?" She asked.

"The hang out." Was Colin's reply as he got in the drivers seat. He started the car and sped away. An evil grin forming on his face.

--- a few hours later --

Esarosa placed her hands on her temples she lightly massaged them to try and ease the headache she had. Her nose also she realized as she tried to breathe. Lightly touching her nose she realized it was broken. Taking both her hands she popped it back into place. It hurt badly and tears formed in her eyes. She didn't know where she was so she tried to contact her wolf. 'Nadia. Nadia. '  nothing. Not even a feeling. It was like Nadia was gone.

Esarosa groaned "where am I?" She ask out loud. She tried to see something but there was no light inside the room. The only smells were stale water, mold, and blood. She hiked her knees up to her chest. She leaned her head back against a wall and closed her eyes. She tried to think of what happened. Maybe then she could figure out what to do.

A whimpering sound off to her right startled her. She lifted her head there in front of her was, A puppy?

"Hey little guy. What's wrong?" Esarosa  asked the frightened animal. "How did you get in here?"

'I am not a puppy. And I am not a guy.' A voice said in Esarosa's head. It wasn't Nadia and scared Esarosa slightly.

"Who said that?" Esarosa asked trying not to sound frightened.

The puppy growl slightly and shuffled closer to Esarosa. That's when Esarosa noticed that the puppy wasn't a dog but a wolf pup. Furrowing her brows Esarosa asked the pup "did you speak to me?"

The pup nodded her head. 'how can you understand me?' she asked. The pup knew only pack members could communicate with each other.

Esarosa didn't  know the answer. She knew that wolves couldn't mind link with wild wolves, rogues or anyone who wasn't a part of their pack. Looking back at the pup "I don't know how I can hear you." The pup came closer. 'What is your name?' She asked Esarosa.

"Esarosa. Do you have a name?"

'Monique.' She replied.

"That's a pretty name." Esarosa said as the door opened.

A huge man walked in. That wasn't the odd thing about the man, it was his eyes. They were orange.

The man looked directly at Monique 'get away. You aren't supposed to be in here.' He told her with a growl. He never spoke a word out loud but Esarosa heard him clear as day.

Esarosa felt like she had to protect Monique. She growled at the man. He turned his gaze on her and stood up straighter, trying to intimidate Esarosa. Much to his surprise she wasn't backing down. He came closer and still Esarosa wouldn't back down.

Monique whimpered causing Esarosa to get angrier. This man was scaring her. A small innocent pup. With out much more warning the man shifted and bared his teeth. A surge of power took over Esarosa and she growled at him. The man leaped at her and managed to pin her against the wall. She brought up her knee and kicked him in the balls. He dropped her and she ran out the open door. Monique followed however the man chased them both and when he reached outside he shifted. He chased down Esarosa and pinned her in a corner. Monique was tucked just behind her leg. The massive wolf growled his orange eyes gleaming with hatred. He leaped at Esarosa without thinking she shifted and caught the wolf in her jaws. He whimpered and gnashed his teeth trying to make her let go. He kicked at her legs making her stumble slightly. Her grip loosened and he managed to get away. Blood dripping from his neck. It wasn't a kill blow but it could be. Esarosa carefully watched the wolf before her. Words filled her head but nothing made sense. All she saw was the wolf as he leaped at her once again. This time was the last. Esarosa found the spot and sank her teeth into his jugular. He managed to sink his teeth into her shoulder but it was too late. She ripped his throat. She heard a woman scream and growled in her direction.

~~~~~--------------------------------------