Chapter 1: How it all started part 1

Chapter Text

Author's POV:

"Hey Jimin! Stop feeling nervous!" Jimin said to himself before he entered the big building with the word 'BIGHIT' written in front. Not that he's not prepared or he forgot something, it's just that he has stage fright. It's ironic, right? He'll be auditioning in an entertainment company to become an idol, even though he easily gets nervous and excited DAYS before a performance. So why did he even bother putting himself in this situation?

He knows that he is GOOD. No, forget that, he knows that he is GREAT. Before he finally decided to audition, he enumerated the things that he thought were going to help him a lot. First, he is REALLY good at dancing. He thought that maybe, his slight height deficiency actually helps him to not look awkward when dancing. Second, he can sing. He naturally possesses a high-pitched voice for a boy of his age. Third, he is charming, at least for him and his friends. They find him cute, especially when Jimin smiles, because when he does, his eyes vanish, leaving only a pair of dark lines on where his eyes were supposed to be.

"Ok, Park Jimin, show us what you got." As soon as Jimin heard these words from the panel of judges, his confidence took over. Upon hearing the first beat of his audition song, he began dancing. His routine started off slowly, but as the song reached its climax, Jimin's movements became more powerful as he continues flashing accurate moves executed with a blast from his muscles. While performing, he noticed how the judges were captivated by his body language – the way every part of him moved as if every fiber of muscle in his body has its own choreography. At last, after five minutes, the song ended. The room was filled with applause and cheering, even though there were only five of them in the room.

"You know what, you really did great. Can you now sing for us?" the panel excitedly asked Jimin, not even waiting for him to catch his breath. After a few seconds of heavy breathing, Jimin started singing. The noisy room was suddenly still for a couple of minutes. Jimin ended the song with his signature "Jimin note", a very high falsetto note that he usually does to impress people. It never failed to capture every listener's attention, and the panel is not an exception.

"Park Jimin, even though it's too early to say this to you, but we honestly think that you have what it takes to be an idol. You made it, congratulations!" one of the judges said while they stand from their seats to congratulate Jimin. "Kamsahamnida!" was all that Jimin could say right now. He really thought that he will do just fine in today's audition, but he never expected to do THIS fine. He really feels tired right now, but he knows for sure that he's not getting any rest soon because of the excitement and happiness that is starting to fill him.

He then decides to leave the building to celebrate by eating his favorite foods probably for the last time in a long time. He knows that when finally become an idol, he will be forced to go on a strict diet to maintain a good body figure. He will have to exercise daily, especially those boring crunches, which are obviously for abs. He imagined going in a concert and flashing his soon-to-be rock-hard abs, making the fans scream and cry and blush all at the same time. With all these day dreaming, he didn't notice that he's about to bump into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention to-" Jimin started apologizing when he got a glimpse of the person he bumped into. He temporarily lost his wits when he stared at the eyes of the stranger. He can't really describe them, but they look so cute and shiny. The stranger is a bit taller than him. Another notable feature is his hair. Even though the strands look soft and silky smooth, they manage to hold themselves into some bundles of spikes, revealing a smooth, light forehead. And those lips, GOSH! Those lips will add up to the things that will keep him awake every night. His features just seemed perfect, for Jimin at least.

"It's alright... I wasn't paying attention to my way either. I'm just running something in my mind for some time now." the stranger started, breaking the rapid growth of awkward feeling around them, as well as the stare that Jimin was unconsciously giving. Jimin suddenly snapped out of whatever that happened to him, and quickly recomposed himself. "I'm really sorry. I hope it doesn't hurt, because I know that I'm a bit heavy." Jimin blurted out. He doesn't even know where those words actually came from, but he really thinks that kind of relieved the embarrassment that was quickly building deep inside him.

"Ok then, nice meeting you, but I'm sorry I have to go. I think I'm already late for my audition." the stranger hurriedly said. Jimin was about to say another thing but in a blink of an eye, the stranger was already far down the hallway. So Jimin just continued walking to his favorite café.

As soon as he entered the café, his mouth already started to water as soon as he laid his eyes upon the featured dish of the day – cheese cake with chocolate drizzle served with caramel macchiato. He immediately rushed to an empty table and called the attention of the waiter. "I want the featured dish." Jimin said with such enthusiasm that it actually seemed like he was doing some aegyo on the waiter. The waiter just smiled, then went to the counter to get the dish. A few moments later, Jimin was already mutilating the cheese cake. When his gaze fell upon a pool of chocolate drizzle, the face of the stranger suddenly popped in his mind. He imagined those beautiful eyes staring right into his. He felt his cheeks become warmer. He tried to shake that thought off his mind when he remembered something.

The stranger actually said he was running late for something? Is he going to audition as well? Is he trying to go for being an idol, just like me? Jimin's mouth was beginning to curve upward with every sentence that crosses his mind. But suddenly, his smile disappeared. So what if he was also trying to become an idol? Does that mean I get to see him often? I'm not even sure if he is talented enough to make it. Drop it, Jimin. That will be the first and last time you'll see him. At these rush of negative thoughts, Jimin's good mood was gone. He almost stormed out of the café if not for the cheese cake. He found the cheese cake very delicious. Now he's sure about this. He will not let being an idol become a barrier. He's not going to let anything, or anyone, stand between him and that beautiful, gorgeous, cute, mouth-watering...

Cheese cake.