Chapter 11: Confession part.3: Endgame

Author's POV:

It's been a few days since that painful event. It's been few days since Jungkook left a crying Jimin alone. It's been a few days since Jimin woke up alone in the morning, lying on a public bench, eyes puffy from crying all night. It's been a few days.

Jungkook walked all over the house, trying to find something.

"Hyung, have you seen my earphones?" Jungkook asked Jin, who was, as usual, cooking food for the members.

"Hmm... I think I saw it behind the vase on the table in the corner." Jin answered. Jungkook went to the location dictated by Jin. He looks at the spot but finds nothing. He childishly shouted at Jin again.

"Hyung! It's not here!" Jungkook shouted. They were lucky they had no neighbors to complain about their very loud voices.

"Jungkook, use your eyes in searching, not your mouth!" Jin said. It's easy to tell that he's becoming irritated.

Jungkook then returned at the spot where he was before and looked closely. After a few seconds, he found what he was looking for.

"Found it?" Jin asked after he noticed Jungkook becoming silent.

"Yes hyung! Thanks!" Jungkook replied. He untangled the earphones and plugged them into his phone. "I'll go for a walk hyung! I'll be right back!" He said before opening the door and heading outside.

Jungkook walked down the streets of the city with music playing through his earphones. Seeing him now, you won't even find a trace of sadness from his face and actions. He already moved on from THAT night. He already FORGOT about that night. That night when he BROKE Jimin's heart to pieces.

Back in the house, Tae woke up without Jin beside him. "Up and cooking food." Tae said to himself while sleepily rubbing his eyes. He got up from bed and headed downstairs.

"Good morning Tae." Jin greeted Tae with a smile.

"Good morning, hyung. Did you see Jimin-hyung go down from their room?" Tae curiously asked.

"Nope, but I saw Jungkook. He went out for a walk." Jin said to Tae. Tae's facial expression changed from happy to irritated. That night when Jungkook came home alone, he really wanted to ask what happened, but he knew he had to let them fix it on their own. The next morning, Tae immediately headed to the dancing fountain to find Jimin lying on the bench, asleep. He was crying even in his dreams.

All of these are that ignorant Jungkook's fault. Tae thought to himself. When he took Jimin home, he really wanted to go to Jungkook and cut his heart out, if he had any. Fortunately, Jimin still had enough strength left to stop Tae in his tracks and beg him to let it go. Tae of course gave Jimin what he wanted. Even though that is not what Jimin needs that time.

Tae went up to Jimin's and Jungkook's shared room. He found Jimin still lying on their bed, his face buried on his pillow. From the way Jimin breaths and moves, Tae knew that Jimin was already awake. Now all he had to do was to uplift Jimin so he would stand and live again. He's been like that for days now, since the night Jungkook rejected his confession.

"Good morning, hyung. Wake up, breakfast is almost ready." Tae said, even though Jin was just starting to cook. He knew that this conversation will be long enough that Jin will have finished cooking by the time they are done talking.

"Hmmm..." Jimin groaned.

"Quit it, hyung. I know you're already awake." Tae said with an amused tone in his voice. Jimin turned so that he is facing Tae while still lying on the bed.

"Ok, fine, you got me. But I don't want to go yet. I just want to sleep the whole day through." Jimin said to Tae.

"But hyung, at least eat breakfast. And by the way, we have dance rehearsals today. We have to go there, because we have an upcoming show." Tae explained. Jimin's face suddenly turned serious.